McDonald's truck driver sold $20K worth of stolen ingredients to New York deli

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG]
    Kojo Lockhart allegedly sold a bunch of frozen McDonald's food to a Harlem bodega. (iStock)
    In what was clearly a flawed plan from the get-go, a truck driver in New York City has been fired from his job for selling $20,000 worth of McDonald’s ingredients to a local convenience store in Harlem.
    Kojo Lockhart, 43, allegedly sold a shipment of frozen McDonald’s food — burger patties, chicken nuggets, bacon, breakfast sausage, etc. — to the owner of the J&D Deli at 2336 First Avenue on May 2, reports DNAInfo New York.
    Related Image
    [​IMG]Expand / Collapse
    Lockhart reportedly sold $20,000 worth of frozen McDonald's to the J&D Deli Grocery in Harlem, Manhattan. (Google Street View)
    In addition to the frozen meat products, Lockhart reportedly unloaded apple pies, hotcakes, butter, sugar, ketchup, french fries and cheese, the NYPD confirmed.
    MCDONALD'S TO DEBUT RAINBOW FRY BOXES DURING DC PRIDE PARADE
    Lockhart diverted the food from its intended destination at New York-area McDonald’s restaurants, although it’s unclear exactly where the shipment was headed, or how he planned to explain the foods’ disappearance.
    It’s also unclear how much, exactly, he made from the sale.
    Lockhart’s employers at the Martin Brower distribution company, which has been working with McDonald’s for over 50 years, confirmed that Lockhart was promptly fired for his actions.
    "Martin Brower is aware of the incident involving a former employee and alleged theft of customer merchandise," said the company in a statement obtained by DNAInfo. "Once we learned of this incident, we immediately terminated the employee for cause and continue to work closely with law enforcement during its investigation.”
    According to Grubstreet, however, the NYPD says Lockhart has yet to be arrested, and remains at large.
    DNAInfo also tried tracking down the owner of J&D Deli, but that person was not available for comment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    lol.....every reefer drivers fantasy at one time or another.

bzinger and 77fib77 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Not necessarily.

I would use product as a form of currency once OSD released it to me.

It's safe to say that driver is completely and permanently out of the Industry now. Unless he can find a besotted dump truck owner who could care less about records.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I guess he got lost and thought he was at the "Mc Deli"

mjd4277 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You wont believe some of my past loads getting "lost"

One of the most extreme stupid *Bangs head lost load... they had me in Philly at the Ship City Dock loading thompson and rube grapes to a Apple place on US 1 out side of Philly to the west about two hours maybe at most... called Kennsett Square.

The problems began when I eyeball the street at the bullpen waiting for my turn inside the loading area I see Kennesett square a few blocks down.

Guess where those grapes went.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.