McElroy Truck Lines, Inc. - Cuba, Al.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 4banging, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Georgia11

Georgia11 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    Beancounter,

Just wondering how orientation went for you and if you're satisfied with the company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blank_Look

Blank_Look Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    I'll be graduating Continental Training in Dallas, TX in a few days. McElroy's pre-hired me. They're still waiting on some paperwork that I've been holding out on awaiting word on another job from a friend. Since that job's gonna be a few weeks before I can move ahead (I discovered today), I'm eager to get on with McElroy. I still need to touch base with them and confirm my acceptance of the job. My orientation starts Sept. 19th, 2011 in Ennis, God's Country (that'd be Texas to the rest of yall.)

Will be updating on my blog about how well things go.

4. beancounter

beancounter Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Greenville, MI
    Georgia11, so far I'm very pleased with mtl. This week was a nice, short breather week for me with Monday off and plus I didn't even leave NC this week. But I've still made in 3 weeks what I would have made in a month at my old job (had an office job, hence the screen name).

If I were you, and still in school, I'd apply yesterday. Just my 2 cents.

BPD3 Thanks this.
  5. dre_38804

dre_38804 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Tupelo,ms
    are u still with mcelory

6. dre_38804

dre_38804 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Tupelo,ms
    headed to cuba for orientation on the 12th hope everything goes well if anyone can give me some advice that will be helpful

7. lone star sk8tboard

lone star sk8tboard Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi, folks...just graduating this week from International TDS in Dallas...assuming a sucessful DPS exam in the morning, I'll be in Ennis for orientation on Monday as well....hope to see you there, Blank Look...

First post...I.m new to the boards, and the industry...ready to hit the ground running!!!

Will post again with orientation details!!!

8. Blank_Look

Jul 23, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    Lookin fwd to it, Lone Star. Planning on going down Sunday.... if I can scrape together gas money. Unemployment payments aint cuttin it. ;-)

9. Blank_Look

Jul 23, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    Am now in Ennis. McElroy orientation starts tomorrow. Check my blog for updates on how it works for me.

10. BPD3

BPD3 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Gadsden, Alabama
    How did it work out for you? I'm thinking about going with McElroy when I finish school. I live in Alabama so I imagine I would go to Cuba also.

11. SarahHisWife

SarahHisWife Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Rock Hill, SC
    Anyone else gonna be at the orientation starting the 28th in Pleasant Hill, NC. My husband checks into his Emporia VA hotel on the 27th (Sunday). Was just curious if anyone else from her was gonna be there with him. His CDL officially arrived in the mailbox today WITH his tankers and doubles endorsements. :) Proud of him, and hoping he does well in orientation/training.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.