McElroy Truck Lines, Inc. - Cuba, Al.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 4banging, Aug 10, 2006.

1. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I gotta start charging you guys cups of coffee for finding these gigs!:biggrin_25523:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. overheard

overheard Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Woodville, Alabama

You can wear your t's as long as you are away from the terminals and customers, I have a full beard but keep it trimmed neat, they are really strict on attitude, a good attitude goes a long way with them. Mr. McElroy is very religious and expects his employees to help upkeep his image, but he is also a great person and down to earth. He will meet with you on Thursday, the day before your last day in training for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Good luck and welcome aboard and feel that you have made a fine choice. Anything else you may need to know just ask and I will try to answer the best I can asap.

Don

4. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    I like Dickies brand full button-down work shirts anyways. Wore those for years. Will still bring along some driving clothes tho, to go along with my working wear!!:biggrin_25525: Another question about those trucks, they got CD players?? Can I put in one if I wanted to? I dont suppose they got any GPS capabilities installed do they? Just route suggestions over the QualComm???????

5. xr7conv

xr7conv Light Load Member

Just to share some info on McElroy. I am currently a student and their recruiter - Rick - came by last week. Great guy and came off very sincere. Here are some items he told us:
    • Qualcomm
    • $120 per day breakdown pay
    • $120 per day layover pay
    • $100 bonus if you don't get home for the weekend
    • 8 paid holidays - $50
    • 2005 - 2007 Internationals
    • Easy Pass
    • Pre Pass - skip 80% of scales
    • 1 week vacation after one year (paid at average weekly pay)
    • Extra drop pay for multiple drops
    • Starting pay $0.38 - ($0.37 milage + $0.01 tarp pay)
    • 1st year drivers right out of school have averaged $43,877/yr (current data from pay records)
    No I am not a recruiter or an employee. I am very interested in this company. All that I have seen on this thread and have heard "out there" agrees with most of the posts here. Good company - they do what they say - you get home on the weekend. One thing the recruiter stressed was a positive attitude and a desire to work - not goof off.

Sounds great to me!

:thumbup:

6. overheard

overheard Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Woodville, Alabama
    The trucks do have CD players but do not have GPS capabilities.

Don

7. DragginMan

DragginMan Light Load Member

Mar 30, 2007
    north AL
    Had the opportunity to chat with a current driver who was based out of one of the TN terminals. VERY nice truck, for an International:biggrin_25523:. He pretty much confirmed all the information the recruiters say. Was very pleased with the company. Got his miles + hometime, although he was just counting the days till he reached his year anniversary. He had a job previously lined up, but needed that year experience. Said he'd make more at the other place, more power to him. MY career, however, is due to start this Monday morning, down in Cuba, AL. :biggrin_25525:. Bout DAMMM time, was tired of school:biggrin_25518:. See you people later!!!!

8. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Hey good luck. I think you will like them!:mcool:

9. btasty28

btasty28 Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2008
    greenville,nc
    can anybody tell me what kind of qualifications u got 2 have 2 work for mcelroy

10. Chestnut67

Chestnut67 Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nabb IN
    Check with Dillon Transport out of Morehead City.A++++ equipment can be home daily.

11. truckers_wife

truckers_wife Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Fairfield, PA
    My husband is due to start orientation in 3 weeks. Now, I know that it takes 90 days for health insurance to kick in, but does that include the 7 weeks he's in training, or do the 90 days not start until he's gone through all the training and starts the actual job?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.