Mclane to Dominos or Sysco.

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by scoopAstack, Feb 20, 2019.

1. scoopAstack

scoopAstack Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Lakewood, WA
    Any difference with work? Will it be less work with better or equivalent pay? Or is it just another hell hole I’ll have to deal with?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Define hell hole please.

Metallica88 and motocross25 Thank this.
  4. scoopAstack

scoopAstack Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Lakewood, WA
    Up & down the ramp (100% touch) / shifting loads / having to dig for products because the loaders can’t load right /

Big8John, Dave_in_AZ and motocross25 Thank this.
  5. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Why are you leaving Mclane?

Either sysco or Mclane is my goal after I get my 1st year of experience.

6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Have you seen inside a Sysco trailer? The Dominos trucks I have seen were running team which in my opinion would suck for food service. You probably would be cheating and unloading off duty instead of resting. Kinda like some companies do. If you look at your current situation as a hell hole why not try LTL or something with less unloading than you currently do?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Mike2633 and motocross25 Thank this.
  7. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I thought Dominos had liftgate style deliveries with rolling carts for their dough, and then you might have to 2 wheel in the other products, but I’m not 100% certain on this. When I was in foodservice about 10 years ago Sysco was kind of known for their service more to the “white tablecloth” side of restaurants, not sure if that’s still the case. Either way, I think what you explained as the last 2 boxes you need to complete your current stop are buried at the bottom far corner of your next stops pallet, seems to be the norm in the industry. And I’m with ya, it’s unbelievably frustrating.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  8. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    I worked at a Dominosstore part time recently and this is accurate. They also have some key drops to do as well. And you have to pickup the empty dough boxes.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I hadn’t thought of that, I think key drops overnight would be the way to go servicing Dominos. I’ve seen some Dominos crammed in the corner of some not too truck friendly parking lots.

localguy65 Thanks this.
  10. localguy65

Oct 8, 2012
    Oh yea, the one i worked is a pain in the *** to deliver to. Bunch of cars parked in the back. The drivers have had to get people to move there cars a few times to get out.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Don't, don't, don't work while logging off duty time. I'd be concerned about getting injured while being logged off duty.

double_r Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.