Meadow lark

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Upset driver 2, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Upset driver 2

Upset driver 2 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    I love it how your a o/o but they treat u like a company driver. Telling YOU when to do your PM due by and if you dont get it done by there due date, they out u out of service until you do.
    Dont go over 75. The "hey guys" message that was sent impling that it went out to all drivers was really only sent out to you.
    Dont get me started on the crappy lease through Ryder. You have to pay for the wind shield and tires.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    So it’s not really your truck?How dare Ryder and meadowlark make you get a pm on a truck your leasing!

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    BUY your own truck, and tell them to kiss off..???

this is what happens when people DO NOT READ the lease and ASSUME they are the boss........

nope, you'll have a BOSS until the day you die.......when you lease.

heck, even being married, YOU HAVE A BOSS.....

mjd4277 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Usually, a LEASE is not a true O/O....

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You're operating under someone else's name so of course they are going to remind you to take care of your truck!!! You ought to be grateful they are looking out for you! Some people don't maintenance their trucks regularly then gets pissed off when a major break down happens that could have potentially been caught during a PM. Also they say don't go over 75. How much faster are you trying to go? Jesus! Tires, windshield, you are a fleecw operator, and anyone who's been in the game a while knows how Ryder can be. If you're fussing about paying for ti and a windshield, imagine how mad you would be if they made you pay bigger ticket repairs. I think you're just too much in your feelings.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Not at all.....just a glorified company driver...at least he can pretend and give the illusion that he's an owner operator. The guy needs to be a company driver. Its no shame in being a company driver.

mjd4277 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    OP, let me clarify something you seem to be confused about.

You are NOT an owner operator. An owner operator OWNS their truck and can do with it what they want.

You are a lease purchase slave. You don’t own anything. You’re a company driver that decided you’d be a sport and pay the expenses on your employer’s truck for them.

Believe me, you can rest easy knowing the owner of that company LOVES you as long as you keep those wheels turning and paying his costs for him.

And remember, they don’t call them “Fleece Purchase” for nothing.

Lonesome and mjd4277 Thank this.
  9. Rn8806

Rn8806 Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Played for the Harlem globe trotters

sevenmph Thanks this.
  10. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    Preach on Frank. Hope you cross paths with many Kentuckians in 2019!

Frank Speak and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.