Medical Card conundrum...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by joesmoothdog, Feb 22, 2017.

1. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    ...I'm due for my reup and am not too worried about passing BUT I am older AND a LOT fatter. My question is if the sky fell and you or I failed DOT physical then what? I have health insurance through my company but I'm a DRIVER. What would happen? Don't recall this being addressed so since I already know everything else :biggrin_25525::biggrin_25521:I thought I'd ask those who know more.:biggrin_2559::biggrin_25517:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    You keep trying different examiners until one passes you.

SingingWolf, tscottme and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  4. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Depends on the infraction.. most drivers if they fail. are given 30 - 90 day cards so they can see their doctors to get the issue fixed so they can then get a (usually) a 1 year card. Far too many drivers do nothing.. then they get placed on LOA till they give up.. either way, the companies have nothing to do with this

tscottme Thanks this.
  5. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Don't incriminate yourself.

The only thing you have to worry about is sleep apnea. unless your eyes or bp are bad. Those 2 items are out of your control and need help. But the sleep apnea is nothing but questions. Very easy to pass.

EZ Money Thanks this.
  7. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

I went to one of those Quick Med places....The first thing the Doc asked was how do I sleep.
    I stopped her right there and told her I sleep great and don't even try to go down that road about sleep apnea!

I passed and got the 2 year card!

SingingWolf and snowwy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.