Medical card expires this week. Advice?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by 86scotty, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I wouldn't worry about the 10 days prior. That's just to cover there own inability to do things in a timely manner. One thing I would do is fax and email the certificate to them yourself and save the proof. Dont just count on the medical examiner to do it being that your getting down to the wire.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    The first chance you get BEFORE it expires get the medical test done. When you get home drive to your nearest DMV to get the paperwork filed and it is fixed immediately.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    x1Heavy and 86scotty Thank this.
  4. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I watched the nurse fax it and she gave me a confirmation page. I'll still be following up with the DMV but I know it was done and I have proof.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. mc8541ss

mc8541ss Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Lower Alabama
    Alabama don’t send crap in, we’re still required to do that. We fax, email and snail mail so they got no excuse.

06driver and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Make that certified, registered mail. Certified has to be signed for and can stand in court as received by DMV. And registered means it will stay in a locked postmaster safe until last minute and handed over to driver to the next location, always secure and seperate from the mountain of every day mail.

One time years ago we were in a Probate Bind legally and send the revelant documents overnight to Fairbanks from Arkansas. 24 hours later it was still off the coast of Canada halfway to Anchorage from Seattle. It made it in 30 hours, they made allowances to take that paperwork.

mc8541ss Thanks this.
  7. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    The good old days, you just stopped at truck stop, bought a form, filled it out had your buddy sign it.

mc8541ss, buddyd157 and 86scotty Thank this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Ha! This should be it's own thread on here. Maybe it is. One of the steps of becoming an owner/operator should be training your wife/brother/mom/dad or whoever to sign your name like you so you can keep the business rolling when mail comes in and needs signing when you're on the road. My wife had to do this recently. I know it will happen again. She didn't like it but that's only because I married a good girl.

9. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    You haven't been married long. I'm not aloud to sign my own name, she doesn't want anybody questioning it. Last time I signed was 20 years ago. I'm not allowed at the bank, DMV and a few other places.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's really dangerous to have people sign stuff with YOUR name on god only knows what documents. I used to watch the wife carefully (And vice versa) when it came to signing stuff while married. We signed nothing one or for both or the other without understanding exactly what will happen after it's done.

Fortunately I can only think of a handful of times where signing was really important and we both were there together.

11. Most states will down grade your class a to a 4 wheeler class c. If you don't update your medical card. Thus the reason for medical card.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.