medical problems/PAM contract

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ember2aflame, Jul 20, 2017.

1. ember2aflame

ember2aflame Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2017
    I am currently in cdl school in FL, and under contract with PAM. I am having some health problems that may make me unable to drive though. Can you break a contract for health reasons? I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Read the contract, how hard is that
    Did you even read it or just sign it and tossed it somewhere

Mudguppy Thanks this.
  4. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I would imagine that you'll still be on the hook for the cost of your schooling/training. That is, unless there is something in the contract about unforeseen medical issues (I doubt it). As has been said, read your contract.

The best course of action would be to go to PAM with your issue and try to work out some sort of mutually beneficial agreement. I highly doubt that they will just write off your debt, however. If you went to school on their dime, there is no reason for you not to pay them back.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    What you do is talk to the safety dept at Pam and in person with proof like paperwork.

6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Let PAM know. If they dismiss you you don't owe anything. When I was in driving school I was signed on to go with PAM, they turned tail and ran when they found out I was diabetic, which I disclosed. School got Swift to take the contract, but I was told if they canceled the contract I was off the hook for it. Glad Swift didn't work out either. Ended up back home ina private school.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.