Melton drivers... What's your average miles per week.

Discussion in 'Melton' started by volorange, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. volorange

volorange Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Just curious as to the mileage.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Azcannon

Azcannon Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Phx.AZ
    1800-2200 , sometimes you get more sometimes less. really it works out that way I have had 3000 a week or two and 1200 a week or two

4. RayT70

RayT70 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Colorado
    This week I will get about 2500. Most weeks I get maybe 1600-2200. I typically get maybe 8 or 9 loads that are 500-800 miles, and then one load that's 1500-2500 miles.

volorange Thanks this.
  5. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Azcannon said:
    and
    Ray T70 said:
    So, it is unanimous; numbers don't lie. Couple those numbers with the fact that Melton requires you to stay out for 3 weeks minimum before home time....and you got one crappy company.

6. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    They want you out 3 weeks if you live west of I35 or 2 weeks east of. My avg for my time there (4 mo) has been 2200. Crappy company? Not in my limited experience.

7. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    There you go people....that is 3 recent drivers, happy as a fart in a vacuum that they are getting a whole 350 miles per day. My bad---company knows who to hire, and how to hold them. NOT a crappy company after all!

8. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Gotta love trolls who know it all; not only for them but everyone else, too.

Johnjohn and Rigbuilder Thank this.
  9. White Dog

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Don't take it the wrong way....if you are content staying out that long and averaging those miles; you got it made driver....you made the right choice. Kudos.

Me personally....if you are going to INSIST that I stay on the road for 2 to 3 weeks at a time...darn sure better keep me busy. I am out there to make money, not spend it in a truck stop because I am only driving 6 hours a day when I have 11.

2,200 miles a week is an acceptable average for a 5 day week.....but not 7. That's just ME.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I may not be driving 11 hours a day, no. I might not see 5500 mile weeks. I might not be hitting docks, eating hot dogs and listening to ###### tonk music all day, every day. But I get paid a lot more per mile than people who do. I have an attainable fuel bonus to shoot for (which they pay you retroactively for after your first three months, and since I'm on track for the bonus... hello big extra payday!). I get paid to tarp and untarp. I request and I GET my layover and detention pay, which isn't too bad. There's always something new and interesting and unique to do and, so far, in a month, I've been able to get to the house three times outside of my requested hometime.

Okay, so I'm still new and slow and it takes me forever and a day to secure and tarp and I haven't figured out all the neat little tricks to get loaded/unloaded and rolling faster, so I'm not getting the miles I could be. But even with that in mind, I'm still making enough to pay the bills and enjoy life. I'll make more with 2000 miles than a lot of dock-bumpers do with 5000, factoring in tarping and detention pay.

Sure, some people are too good to stay out on the road for more than 8 hours a day, 9-5, Monday-Friday. I suggest looking in to office work, in that case, as it'll probably suit you better. I'm sure you can get in to a fantastic college with the income you expect to have and really make something of yourself. Me, I'm going to stick to what I enjoy and what pays me well and try not to insult and deride people who only aspire to do lesser things than drive a truck for a living. Seriously, if you don't like the lifestyle, go drive LTL or foodservice and leave us OTR flatbedders alone. Just because you're angry and unhappy doesn't mean that you have to come and try to make us that way, too.

Triletter, Rigbuilder and Swamprat55 Thank this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I believe you took his comments in the wrong way...he clearly states that as long as he's in the road he should be moving and not sitting around when not on break because a company don't want to run you...

it doesn't matter if the driver is getting .50/mi that if your not moving it don't matter because you're making squat..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.