Melton Melton Melton, Don't mess with Mamma!!!

Discussion in 'Melton' started by Michele, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I second that. How are thing's there right now anyway? I'm looking at them. I left Prime because of the lack of miles and all the sitting and went to Marten Transport and liked it well there. Will go back if need be but wanted to try my hand at finding something local but no luck. I'm kinda looking at getting into something different and skateboarding sounds fun but I need to bring home more than $500.00 a week. At least. I pretty sure I can get on with them but need to see if there's anything i need to be aware of first. I'm not one to complain except those thing's that any and everyone one would and would consider BS with a company but want to know if it's worth my time or not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    I was approved for hire with Melton last month and my recruiter was honest and upfront about miles. She told me they are averaging 1500-1800wk right now. It wasn't enough for me so I told her I would check back at the end of summer and see if things had picked up any.

4. P The Fat Trucker

P The Fat Trucker Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2009
    youngmansoupie, japan
    the miles are on the money, but unfortunatly they are the same as any other co. they favor their goodies and stick it to us others. i stand my ground and say whats on my mind, if they dont like it they can kma. who did u go to work for anyway, i'm waiting for another job right now. i will be patient for this one thats for sure. good luck

5. teampitts3

teampitts3 Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Tennessee
    That's what I'm doing. I'm hanging onto what I have until the job I want pops up. There a quite a few companies up here in my area. Just playing the field buying time.

6. Lil'Joe

Lil'Joe Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Humm.........quit Melton, in middle of bankrupcy and downloading a kid.

Makes you wonder.

BIG RIGGER Thanks this.
  7. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    Because the miles have been so low lately, Melton is now requiring you to have Haz-Mat, TWIC, DoD Approval and a Passport or Passport card for hire. I talked to my buddy the other day, he was coming off of a 3400 mile week. He is averaging 19-2000 miles a week......they also went down to 730 trucks. I still say they are good people and were always good to me.

8. LeadFootLarry

LeadFootLarry Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2009
    chattanooga, tn.
    Melton has been nothing but good to me, they always pay me what they owe me, and the equipment is top notch. I average about 1700 miles per week, and that grosses me about $750-$800. Like any company, they want the freight hauled, equipment maintained the way they want it, and if your a smart #$%, then of course your dispatch is gonna sit you. I would sit you too. Flatbedders are a different breed of trucker, kinda like bull haulers, its not for everyone, and you cannot be a wuss. The tarps are heavy, the weather gets cold and wet, and hot and dry, thats what you agreed to when they hired you, if you cant do it, then kick rocks, im sure McDonalds needs a fry guy.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Should have tarped that one...:biggrin_25522:

10. feduptrucker

feduptrucker Bobtail Member

May 11, 2010
    Texas
    :biggrin_25523: No offense to the original thread starter here, and I know this is an old post but im stuck on not only the bankruptcy and good things happening..but does anyone else notice the age of the poster????? 40 and pregnant? Is that really good or an accident? Again no offense, I am going to Melton either this monday or the 23rd. Hope to have a good experience if I do end up committing to working for them.

11. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    Name and truck number will make sure the brownie points don't go to the wrong guy.

jcroom76 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.