Melton Truck Lines "An elite flatbed company"

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by shoda, Feb 18, 2017.

1. shoda

shoda Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Ultimately I believe and trust in Melton 100%. But there is good and bad with flatbed in general. Currently it is slow season. I went from making mid to high 2000 miles to low to high 1000 miles. But it is only a season and will improve. Like all industry to some degree, trucking it is affected by politics, weather, stock market etc...

Melton is a top tier flatbed company that prides itself on safety and going above and beyond. The short cuts that you see other companies doing is not what Melton teaches or does. As a matter of fact I was getting off loaded recently and the crew was helping me undue the straps on the load. They took the metal part of the strap off the trailer and was going to throw it over the load. I stopped them from doing that and told them it was a safety issue because someone could be on the other side and get hurt. They looked at me funny as though I was from another planet. Lol. But they did what I asked and I was and am always appreciative when I get help. An example of above and beyond: a lot of flatbed companies will roll the straps up in the winch on the sides of the bed. But Melton has us roll each strap up and put in the side box. This is so the strap will not get damaged by weather when it's not in use. Putting your straps in the side box during winter and year round is essential for me personally so they don't freeze and make it hard to unroll.

Melton generally cares for its drivers. You will hear and see that mentality throughout the company. From the trucks to the terminals and all over social media you will see Melton's true passion that it has for its drivers.

Melton is a top tier pay company as well. They set the industry standards by constantly improving pay when needed. The pay scale is at the top when compared to other flatbed truck companies.

Are you looking for a flatbed company to drive for? Do you not mind putting in a hard days work securing and tarping? Do you want to see the big cities, small towns and middle of nowhere places of this beautiful country? Give Melton a shot. I know you will not regret it.

Rubicon and Mike2633 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Been flatbedding for around four years now, have never thrown a strap hook first.

shoda Thanks this.
  4. shoda

shoda Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Good. Too many out there just running to get from a to b and not running safely.

brsims Thanks this.
  5. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    They have driver-facing cameras, right?

6. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    OK, but how many awards have you received, did you graduate at the top of your class in trucking school and also have a very high IQ.
    [​IMG] If not, this guy is still top dog. yuk yuk yuk

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    He looks constipated.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  8. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    There's a pill for that.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah he better get it together. St. Patrick's day is coming and he is going to be a busy little leprechaun.

Balakov100 and Bakerman Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I can drive a truck.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  11. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Less about safety, more about speed. Its faster to set the hook and throw the strap over the load. Throw all strap from one side, go to the other side and tighten them down, get down the road.

bamamac Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.