Melton Truck Lines - Tulsa, Ok.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Melton Truck Lines, Aug 30, 2006.

1. dreya8019

dreya8019 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2007
    ohio
    just wanted to say that i posted the above on my husband's account, then i got smart and created my own account, so as not to confuse any body. thanks

dreya

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckinaround

Truckinaround Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I was going to start with melton next month being a company driver only seen one good post here on them. I was told 2500 to 3000 miles a week and home every 14 days any truth to this?? or should i not DO IT

4. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    Don't want to sound like a smart-### here. Forgive me if I do.

If I watch a guy stick his hand in a light socket and yell in pain, I will know to stay away from light sockets. This company Melton sounds like a light socket to me.

5. wrongturn80

wrongturn80 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2007
    ohio
    Been with Melton Since Feb. have run at least 2500 mi a week even on hometime weeks most weeks are better than 2500 mi. And yes you will get home every 14 days if that is what u want to do. Best week Ran 3800 mi, and worst week was 2150 mi. All equipment is 2006 and 2007 T600 a few Volvos and a Few Centurys. 48x102 Trailers 10,2 Spreads.

6. SnoFox

SnoFox Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Maine
    Ya, ive been with Melton 6 mos. now and im loveing it. I havent had any problems, been home when i asked, get my miles, get my money, i don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I'm a company driver so i dnt know a whole lot about the lease side, i have heard some guys are in the hole though, one guy told me he was 10k in the hole but his truck was paid off in 2 more months so he'd be out soon.

We have a lot of lease guys so im inclined to believe it cant be horrible if theres so many of them doing it. Im actually thinking about doing it the end of winter here. I know a lot of people on the board here arent fans of company leases and think there all traps, but like i said, with so many people doing it, and me not knowing the full story behind these guys in the hole problems and if there lieing to me i cant judge until i do it for myself.

I regularly have to sit for a load, We dont usually have pre plans, and it may take a while to find u a load, but ive never sat more than 24hrs without getting a load. I have no probs sitting like that, A lot of people out here want a load NOW, but i know that in the grand scheme of things that just isnt how it works all the time, and im sick of people not realising that.

All the loads ive hauled so far are great. Ive yet to have any crappy loads or anything. I love flatbed so tarping is no thing to me. Most of the loads are tarped.

The equipment here is top notch, new trucks and new trailers that are kept in seriously good condition. Everytime i go through a terminal they do a thorough inspection top to bottom and fix any and everything no questions asked, its great.

Anyone thats had problems with Melton, alls i can say is it must be a case by case basis and they must not be giving the entire story. When i talk to drivers here i dnt hear the usual "how many miles u getting?" and all that crap. And with so many drivers here with so many years with the company it just reinstates that i made a good decision in coming here and planning on a long time here.

Thats all just my opinion and experiences with the company so far, feel bad it didnt work out for the other people posting the hateful posts but every company has people it fires and quits and not everyone feels happy.

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Melton is no different then any other large OTR company. Some will find a pot of gold and some a box of rocks. Some it is due their own fault, and for some it is not.

With my experience I would say that you have a better chance then not at Melton if you choose to drive OTR for them, but the cards are always stacked against you when you rent company equipment to pull their freight. Sign on your own equipment or wait till you can, and let them pay for not running you, and not the other way around.

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Simply take the lease to any accountant or lawyer who is familiar with trucking and you won't have to have any doubts about why most company rental programs are risky at best.

You must also relies that people have pride and are prone to not telling the whole truth about how dire their situation may be. So you need a third party who has no interest emotionally or financially in not giving you the real 411 on the issue. Good luck!

9. aladdin sane

aladdin sane Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Towanda, Kansas
    I've stated this before and I'll probably state it again but, you take the good and bad with truckload outfits. The bad generally outweighs the good (donating time, indifferent dispatchers etc...) Quite honestly, the only way to have a decent trucking job is to work in the LTL segment of the industry.

10. dolores

dolores Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Jacksonvile,Fl
    My husband is thinking about driving for melton solo as a company driver.Can any-body give me any advice.It can't b worse then Covenant.

11. dreya8019

dreya8019 Bobtail Member

May 11, 2007
    ohio
    my husband ended up leasing with melton for a month then got a speeding ticket which put him over the limit for violations allowed at melton. so he got fired, which i understand. but as soon as one of his tickets falls off his MVR, he is planning on going back to melton, if not to lease then at least as a company driver. but we were doing good with the lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.