Members offering help to Arrow drivers

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    I understand that, but this is a Navistar deal, who's interest lies in recovering their equipment.
    Perhaps I was naive to think they shouldn't kick a man who was already down.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Personally, they were just finishing the screwing the drivers got.

4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Something of note

All the help to get Arrow drivers to dealers or terminals and close to home has come from other truck companies or fellow truckers.

The truck manufacturers are doing a small part, $200 cash or bus ticket for returning the truck. Better than nothing.

Where are the other industry players helping? I don't see these companies doing anything.

Pilot, T/A or Loves could have cut some sort of deal with the manufacturers for fuel, even if it was just 50 gallons. In a lot of cases that may have been more than enough fuel to get the truck to the required place.

I guess that says a lot about these companies.

5. RenegadeTrucker

RenegadeTrucker Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    I am located about 20 miles west of corpus christi, I have 3 acres here I will do anything I can to help any arrow driver stranded in south Texas. My Cell is 361 443 2057, best of luck to all of you, it is terrible what happened.

Baack and GuysLady Thank this.
  6. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    one thing I forgot to mention, depending on what state you are in, you may have the right to lein the truck you were driving for money you were owed from arrow. I know that is what id do if they had done so to me, I know here in texas all it would take to file a lein is any kind of paperwork showing what you are owed, you can also include additional expenses, IE a plane ticket home, and if your personal vehicle was at Arrows yard and was towed from the property, any expenses in recovering that vehcile could be leined as well.

also if you have to store the truck someplace, storage can be included in the cost of the lein, if they want the truck back they will have to pay, and this goes for a finance company that holds the note on the truck, in texas 45 days after having been notified via certified mail if they do not come collect the truck, you can do a fileing with the state and 30 days later you can own it. Id say that is worth waiting 75 days.

If you are going to do this though, contacting a lawer would be a good idea, or atleast a towing company in your area that does impounding or reposessions.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  7. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I think they call that a mechanics lien
    Being the money claimed isn't from actual work on the truck not sure if you can do that in this situation
    Would appreciate any link to the legality you could come up with:yes2557:

8. blackw900

blackw900 The Grandfather of Flatbed

Jul 12, 2009
    A.W.O.L

Really when you think about it, It's a pretty decent offer from a company that through no fault of their own find themselves in the unfortunate position of having to recover all of those trucks!

They could easily tell the drivers to shove it!
    International, Kenworth and Freightliner did not cause any of this to happen...They just want their trucks back!

It is completely unreasonable to blame them in any way or to badmouth them for not offering enough.

They don't have to offer anything!

9. RenegadeTrucker

Dec 25, 2009
    Montana
    I have been trying to find it again, I have a printout back at the office in a binder, you can search the texas commercial code and find it though.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    God bless Schneider ? :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559: . They are just prowling for more victims .

11. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    prowling for victims or not, how many others companies went against their company policy on passangers, and went public with it, i didnt hear about swift allowing them to help ( but then again, these guys were trying to get home )..
    someone already said it about the t/s not offering any help up either.. why not? 50 gals of fuel? or even 25 so those drivers could get their trucks to the right place...
    ... i think what this scum bag did showed the real true brother hood of trucking that i do believe still exist... look how many people put their own private home/cell/email addresses out for the world to see wanting/willing to help in any way they could...

After seeing the out-poor of help from all these people, how many of you think the " Brother-hood " is still around??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.