Membership only truckstop coming to San Antonio

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Studebaker Hawk, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. dave01282000

dave01282000 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Ohio
    I think it has promise if it's nice facilities and you pass through there often.

It might be worth the membership knowing that you have a place to park and you're not going to be rolling out of the truck into a filthy environment.

48Packard, bzinger and Siinman Thank this.
  3. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I believe one of the principals was on here asking advice for layout and such. I hope it works well for them.

4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Do they guarantee a spot regardless of what time you arrive? Otherwise it's just a prepaid shower assuming you're lucky enough to find a spot.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Doesn’t sound like a not a bad idea to me. If you get caught doing something grimy like your dumping trash or piss bottles on the floor they can just revoke your membership and never have to deal with you again.

edit: oh wait am I reading this right the membership is only to access the inside facilities and not the parking lot? Guess I was wrong then.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  6. dave01282000

dave01282000 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Ohio
    Sounded like it was controlled access through an app? A bit confusing I agree.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I looked at two of there other lots. In Katy and Houston, Tx on Google Earth and they sure didn't look anything like the drawing of that new one.

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Although business plan is sound, they would need to have massive amounts of cameras and an active team to enforce parking lot etiquette. Something that can be a huge profit drain.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  9. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    The devil is in the details. From what i can gather:
    Access to the entire property is via the app, which has to be within 200 feet of the gated entrance.
    24 hour security.
    Guaranteed reserved spaces for any length of time, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or annually.

And of course how well they follow through with enforcement. And there is no mention of the rates until you actually sign up.
    This sort of thing has to start somewhere.
    The very first McDonalds built by Ray Kroc in Des Plaines IL in 1955 is a far cry from what a McDonalds looks and operates like today.

dwells40 and navypoppop Thank this.
  10. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Your point is well taken.

The pricing structure will help keep the riff raff at a minimum.
    Not to say the scum won't be there at all, but the average customer at this type of facility is very different from the no holds barred truck stop reality of today.

bzinger, dwells40 and navypoppop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.