Mercer dry van,, how much money can I make.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Iride, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Iride

Iride Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    I am currently leased by the mile and am getting $1.05 plus .28 cents fsc on all miles. I run 3000 plus miles /wk on average. I have spoken to a recruiter at Mercer who claims I would average over 1.80 per mile with mercer. I live in central Florida and like to run between Dallas and the Carolinas or the middle of our country. Can anyone tell me if Mercer is a worth while move or am I just changing companies with no difference in average revenue. Thanx for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    your in a bad area but 1.33 a mile is a joke. can make a living running Texas to Florida but to be honest with you you would be better off running up the east coast ..... Pennsylvania or Baltimore then head to ohio to Iowa Florida loads pay better from the Midwest ..... I am with landstar and I very seldom have to take a load that doesn't pay 2.00 to the truck my average is fairly close to 3.00 ........ I would run that most of the year and when snow is for casted run to texas .... Midwest to Florida pays close to 1.00 a mile more than Texas to Florida ..... Florida outbound doesn't pay crap anywhere but is better running east .....I think mercer would be close in pay .... probably mercer is better flatbed and landstar is a lot better for dry van as far as good paying loads

nel4you and jsnell Thank this.
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
    @RStewart

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    The Mercer recruiter doesn't claim YOU'LL average $1.80 a mile. He's telling you the company average. Mercer will never guarantee that you will make a dime. If buckeye is telling the truth then you would probably make more money at LS. You're not going to find much van freight at Mercer paying $3 a mile to the truck.

Stay east of I-35 and you'll do fine as long as you can learn how to book loads and such. I don't think you'll be able to just run between TX and the Carolinas and make much more than you are now. Maybe $1.60 a mile average running that lane.

6. Iride

Iride Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Ok thanks for the input. Are you with Mercer dry van????

7. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I was. I just left last week after being there for a year and a half. I live in Oklahoma so I know about the Texas freight. Lol.

If you go to Mercer I'll be happy to give you some agents to work with cause I ran Florida quite a bit. But I would run from the Midwest down there and then DH up to SC usually if there wasn't anything in Jacksonville or Panama City.

8. Iride

Iride Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Yes I would like agent info. Also Steve wade the recruiter is talking about tractor loads that are plentiful and pay well. Any input you have is much appreciated .

9. Iride

Iride Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Can I ask how much money I can expect to keep or net each month on average.??

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That depends on on you and your costs..I'm not on the van side but i do occasionally look at van rates..like rstewart says..run up to the midwest...and back..

11. Coachman1

Coachman1 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2015
    What is DH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.