Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That's the best way to find out! I would also suggest paying attention in truck stops. I never looked at a Mercer thread prior to leasing on. The forums are great, but TTR or any other forum doesn't have a clue whether or not the person on the other end of a key board is legit or not. Take the 1900 plus page thread for example, there was a guy claiming he owned a couple trucks, he didn't even own one.

farmboy73 Thanks this.
  2. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Went through Mercer terminal last week. 10 drivers there peeling the Mercer decals off their trucks with a heat gun. I asked them why they were leaving. They had enough of the freight hiding for favorites, the lying and the buddy hustling. One of them showed me copies he made of loads that were cut and pasted from JB hunt loads and CH Robinson that were on the Mercer load board LOL. The driver found these exact same loads on the open load boards. All Mercer did was repost the loads on the Mercer load board -26%. (they were flatbed loads).
    The driver said if he wanted to use a load board he could do it without Mercer. The driver further indicated that Mercer bragged how they had all these "customers." Well I guess the DAT, JB Hunt, CH Robinson and Schneider load boards are the #1 customer. LOL

They saw the exact same thing I did. Go figure.

3. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Why are you still there? You have been singing this same song over and over and over... and over again. So... why are you still leased to Mercer, or were you ever leased to Mercer?

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Supposedly he is working on his exit strategy...for what? 6 months? Or has it been longer?

If it's as bad as he says everyone of us would of had a new name on the side of the truck in a week. Especially the accusations of lying. If louisville lied to me once, it would be the last load i ever pulled for them. But it takes him six months to get his exit strategy in order?

More likely the guy that owns the truck he drives is perfectly happy with the truck being leased to mercer and big talking moglar doesn't have the finances to buy a truck of his own.

5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    This goes way beyond lying at Mercer. I am not going to rage quit and "take my football and go home." I am going to leave when I am ready. Which is very soon.

I will continue to forewarn drivers as needed. There is no trucking utopia at Mercer. Is Mercer the worst carrier out there? No they are not. However they are one of the top sneakiest and manipulative O/O carriers out there.

Saw a heap of JB hunt and Schneider loads on the Mercer load board today. Go figure.

6. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

Funny, I was looking at the JB and Schneider boards and thought they had Mercer's loads on them.

Today's shippers send the loads out to dozens of carriers, not just one. The same load can be posted in multiple locations, it doesn't mean Mercer or any other company reposted it from another source.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  7. Zoocrew77

Zoocrew77 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2016
    . Hey I seen one of those guys that left and got his own numbers last week in kc, funny thing was he had not changed the mercer mudflaps(truck n trailer) hummmm. I would've ripped those suckers off with a quickness but I digress, the strangest part was his mercer shirt and hat! I'm sure MOGLAR will explain lol

8. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    This has been my experience as well from the few that I've talked with out on the road.

DragonTamerBrat Thanks this.
  9. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    I have met some that complain. Like 1 out 40. Heck I complain, but not about Mercer. They pay quickly, ect... Yea I wish we had more frieght. But if you look at freight indices 2016 was on top of 2008 freight to truck ratio line. So flat freight is the worst it's been in 8 years. I still make enough money to live.

I do wonder about getting my own numbers, but I don't own the trailer, so I don't wonder that much. And I'm scared of not getting paid.

Highway Sailor and RStewart Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.