Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Whether I agree or disagree with everything you've just posted is irrelevant. But I think this is the best post you've made. Kudos to you! Any bad experience can be a positive experience if we learn something from it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Keep in mind that was for all miles , loaded and empty. The loaded rates only are in the 1.80 's .

4. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    No it's not much less .
    These are common statements for folks who can't seem to make headway.

It odd how some never encounter problems like this but others do.

They see monsters under every bed.

I hope things work out, but remember you were out of trucking for a good while, you only been back three years.

You have started a whole different deal now.

5. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    You didn't say anything different than you ever have, you just worded it different. Now you get real brokers and not agents to deal with.

6. Zoocrew77

Zoocrew77 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Much less than 1.65? No wonder ur so unhappy! Learn the system and learn from ur mistakes. I'm doing better than 1.65. I'll pull a short one for that to get a good one. If I have to haha

7. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    There is no system. There were no mistakes. My problem is that I allowed a recruiter feed me BS about all the freight they had in my area. Turned out it was a steaming pile of BS. I personally know of a driver who left who proclaimed that he knew "the system" and left a year later after the shipper started using another carrier. He left and reactivated his numbers. I guess its called a system if it works in your favor....lol. More power to ya. Keep on truckin.

There is no system. I stand by everything I said.

Since I left I have tripled my revenue and stayed moving.

8. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Actually you know nothing about me. Dont act like you know me based on some of these internet forums. You dont know what headway I made. I have started out on my own...and happier for it. The only one I can blame is my self.

I have had a CDL before there were CDLs lol. I have a ton of contacts, friends, family, brokers and even know owners of great trucking companies and brokerages.

I dont see monsters....just the truth.

God Bless and keep on truckin

9. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Lol, you started out with a bucktruck from fort Scott, Kansas , got out and been back in it since 2014 , you got it covered

10. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    The very fact you didn't see any kind of system, everything was Mercer's fault , they were holding loads for buddies ,etc. Etc. , Says a lot.

And everybody knows somebody who knows somebody who did this and that, but just as many knows someone who did the opposite.

Nothing is ever as good or bad as portrayed.

When someone says every load he pulls is top rate, he is full of it.

You take some not so good to get to better.

Like I say check back is 6 and 12 months.

11. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Never said its Mercers fault. It was my fault for going there to begin with. The drivers only can choose what is put on Mercers board...providing that there is anything lol. My current location within 150 miles shows 3 Mercer loads......compared to 1320 posted loads on DAT Power!! Go figure.

Look if you are happy there more power to you. Enjoy. There is no secret sauce or system there lol. If you live in an area where they are active I am happy for you. Truck on and be safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.