Mercer Transportation Co., Inc. - Louisville, Ky.?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by HEAVY METAL, Oct 6, 2006.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    What's it matter either way as long as the guy is getting help?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    It doesn't matter , perhaps you misunderstand my point.

I stated I can't post my number here , I post that along with an offer to help and that I can pm the number.

Usually if someone is interested they will pm and reply to that with my number .

That seems to work well for folks looking to talk, those are more interested than sending a number unsolicited

That's the reason I posted what I did, I am in contact with many who first contacted me here and a couple of mercer related Facebook pages, plus the ones referred to one of the mentors by contractors relations, I am one who doesn't mind folks calling me at any hour they need to, and who freely give my number.

It's simply a case of when someone pm's me after I offer my number that they are more receptive if they ask for number instead of getting it from me sending it .
    Same as the ones referred by contractor relations or others i help out, it just seems to work better .

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  4. Snagglepus

Snagglepus Bobtail Member

May 1, 2018
    Can somebody give me a good idea of what I could gross on running a van and 100,000 miles a year after Mercer’s cut and with the fuel surcharge included...

5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    It made 156 per mile you do the math

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  6. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    An easy estimate is $145,000-$150,000 a year. I did $147,000 on 103,000 miles last year. Probably could done better but it was my first year here. But, that just gives you an idea of what possible. Doesn't mean you'll make that much or that little. Some guys here go broke pulling a van and others do very well. It depends more on the guy running the truck than Mercer or their freight.

drvrtech77 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  7. Xhiz

Xhiz Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2017
    So do they have good amount of freight. And if I a team do I have to wait till other pick load in a area or is it mainly the best loads offered to those who empty first

8. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I guess they've got a decent about of freight. They don't have a lot of team freight but they do have some solo freight that can be turned into team freight. Basically a lot of the freight has open pick up and delivery windows so you can run as a team.

The way there system works is first empty, first offered. But you also have the ability to book freight before you're empty. I really never worry about someone else getting my load. I find loads I want and I try to book them. Most of them I get but sometimes a driver ahead of me gets it or the load was covered before our agent could book it from the customer.

back street slider Thanks this.
  9. Xhiz

Xhiz Light Load Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Ok thx

10. 444reese

444reese Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2019
    I just quit mercer and went back to my old job...I couldn't put nothing together on there load board...and the freight is so cheap....when they get they fees out the load you just drop...u just profited a couple hundred....honestly to me THEY SUCK!....cant make money when the first half of your settlement you use in fuel....and the second part of that settlement you delivered they get there fee out and..it don't leave you ####.

11. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    During orientation, Mercer will give you a list of Mentor with phone numbers. I know most of them personally and they love to help on the phone almost 24/7 and will help you with what is good loads and bad loads and other things you might come across. Gene is my favorite but he really speaks his mind.

RStewart Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.