Mesilla Valley Transport MVT dedicated

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mindful Trucker, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Mindful Trucker

Mindful Trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I’m looking at the MVT dedicated route from Cheyenne/Denver to Dallas/Laredo/El Paso and back. Anyone have experience with this route? or MVT in general? I like driving and I don’t care about long work days, little home time, etc. I’m worried about huge wait time at customers, waiting to get dispatched, missing pay, poor equipment, unresponsive OTR support, etc. Basically, will I get the 3,000 miles/wk they promise and get paid correct month after month after month?

QuietStorm Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Davidajhamlin1983

Davidajhamlin1983 Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Daytona Beach FLORIDA
    I have herd alot of good things with them. Look them up in here search they name and you should be able to answer your own questions.. also @Chinatown may know more.

Mindful Trucker Thanks this.
  4. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    A buddy of mine used to work dispatch at MVT. They're a pretty good operation and that sounds like a pretty good run. They are known for their fuel efficiency and being very innovative in the industry in that regard.

5. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    MVT IMO is a decent outfit. Hometime hasn't been a problem. Only a customer here and there that take more than a couple hours to unload. The detention is good but you do have to request it. Settlements are on time each week. The equipment is well kept. Mileage is there. Dispatch is dispatch. Some people hang and some people don't. Not perfect but if you want it to work there decent enough. I've been here a year and some change.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    No company is perfect, but they do have pretty trucks.

7. Mindful Trucker

Mindful Trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2018
    LOL. They sure do

8. nitroglyc

nitroglyc Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Fairview, TN
    They are decent... Just do your job and you'll be fine. The dispatchers out of the Nashville terminal are need better interpersonal training... And perhaps a few ethics classes... The terminal manager however is a p.o.s. Other than that... Good luck

9. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Do they run all 48 or mostly the south?
    Thanks.

10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    They run all 48, they are gov. at 65 mph, or less, and they have a very strict policy about damage. There was another thread about this. From what I see on the roads, some of their drivers appear to be slightly above SWIFT status. Apparently none of them can chain, they have no clue how to drive in the snow/ice.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  11. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    MVT doesn’t run al 48 states regularly. During the winter months the units aren’t equipped with chains because they don’t run interstates with CHAIN LAWS. If you get caught in bad weather they advise to wait it out typa thing but to rare for concern Oh...I can chain. Boy can I chain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.