MG Logistics (MGL) out of Schiller Park, IL

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Floridaman72, May 24, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TRD Trucking Driver INC
    Hires Tampa drivers.
    • Must Have Tanker Endorsement (food grade tankers)
    All No Touch Drop and Hook Freight
    EARN 65 CENTS PER MILE PLUS GUARANTEED PAY
    TRD Trucking offers top industry pay and long miles for OTR Drivers. Get your new 2021 or 2022 Freightliner Cascadia NOW
    NEVER EARN LESS THAN $1950 PER WEEK, when you log 3K weekly miles
    Starting Pay is 60 Cents Per Mile
    Auto Raise to 65 Cents Per Mile after 30 Days

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Truck Driving Jobs | ABCO Transportation
    ABCO Transportation is hiring Elite Drivers for our Dedicated Fleet!
    • Pet and Rider friendly from Day 1!
    • $2000 Weekly Salary or $.70 CPM – Your Choice!
    • No touch
    • Best in Class Late Model Peterbilt 579 Ultralofts
    • Flexible Home Time
    • Exclusive Vacation Resorts at no cost!
    • Benefits, including 401k!

4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Florida Man72 -- given your prior driving experience, you can do better....if you want to.

It's very much a "driver's market" out there right now--and one of Chinatown's suggestions above should produce a better experience for you.

In case you're interested--if you get on with USA Truck (one of the above suggestions)--they have a unique program where....after you've been with them for like 6 months....you can pick loads from their load board (yes, as a company driver o_O)--and run where you want to.

You can read about this load board access here:

Company Regional Drivers | USA Truck (driveusatruck.com)

--Lual

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Floridaman72

Floridaman72 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2022
    Florida
    Will check some of these out, thanks

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Floridaman72

Floridaman72 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2022
    Florida
    Any idea how USA Truck handles physicals? Do they do pre-employment physicals and are they strict like concentra urgent care? Will they accept the medical card I already have?

7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @Floridaman72 -- not sure about the DOT med card question; they may want you to get a new one if your current is over 12 months old.

Ask your recruiter about that, when you talk to them.

Here's a USA Truck job posting, that's good for drivers located anywhere in the state of Florida:

USA Truck (driveusatruck.com)

Also--USA Truck has a flatbed account with PODS. If you're interested, this account would give you an opportunity to do flatbed duty--with no tarping, or chains (just strapping).

It would be a pretty cool way to get into flatbed duty, without most of the hassles of flatbed--you might inquire with your recruiter about that, too.

I've read elsewhere here on the Forum that drivers in that fleet are pretty happy, for the most part.

If you don't like what you find out later from USA Truck, here's another company that I think you should know about:

Find Jobs – Robert Bearden Inc. (rbitrucking.com)

RBI is based out of Cairo, GA--and hires drivers out of FL (including Tampa). Run the southeast.

I see a lot of their rigs up here--pretty nice-looking equipment.

I would be with either of the above--but I do hazmat tanker, instead (hauling fuel). :D

--Lual

8. GoatTruckinq

GoatTruckinq Bobtail Member

May 26, 2022
  9. ChrisWill

ChrisWill Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2022
    Have been checking out MGL Logistics. I see pro's and cons. I live in Beaumont, TX and for Eastern and Midwest companies, there's difficulties getting me home sometimes. Is this a good company to work for? I respect my CDL as a blessing and well earned privilege and I would never jeopardize it by doing anything I shouldn't be doing. I have 20yrs experience and don't and won't do upper Eastern seaboard or California. Need a good place to work that actually values their drivers to get themselves home. You never know what to believe until you get there and finding out it's ####. I only believe drivers with experience. HELP!

10. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Those are always hilarious when you see a few bad reviews and a couple back-to-back glowing reviews from "current employees" smack dab in the middle as if we can't tell by the wording that they were obviously written by the Eastern Europeans in the office.

lual Thanks this.
  11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Read the reviews posted above. You will see two positive reviews that are in stark contrast to the others. Basically, it appears to be an Eastern European place that will make you run illegally and then steal your money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.