Michigan DOT

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by xsetra, Jun 23, 2017.

1. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    The Michigan State Police have announced that they’ll be targeting truck drivers all summer as part of a special enforcement operation called “The Summer of Semi Safe D.”

MSP’s Truck Enforcement Campaign To Feature Emphasis Areas Of Focus
    The commercial vehicle enforcement campaign kicks off on Monday, June 26, and will continue for the rest of the summer. The Summer of Semi Safe D campaign will also feature a number of days-long enforcement focus efforts.

Area of Focus Dates
    S-Speed
    June 26-30
    A- Awareness (intersections, construction zones, lane use)
    July 10-14
    F- Fasten seat belts, Following too close
    July 24-28
    E- Education
    Aug. 7-11
    D- Distracted driving
    Aug. 21-25

MSP says that the campaign is designed reduce fatal crashes, noting that “special attention will be paid to semi-tractor trailers as they were involved in 72 percent of the 2016 deadly accidents involving a commercial motor vehicle.” The statistic cited does not take into consideration who was at fault in those crashes.

Really 72% percent of CMV accidents involved semi-tractor trailers.
    How about MSP target the people that cause the accidents.

Link to article Michigan State Police Launches Summer-Long Crackdown On Truckers | CDLLife

bzinger and fargonaz Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Probably should call it the summer of revenue instead. I don't know exactly what the different would be, since they pretty much target trucks anyway.

4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    The police even make it public that they intend to profile a certain group on the highways and get by with it. I wonder what would happen if they made public that they intend to "profile" certain "races" or nationalities or a certain gender???

bigguns and 7-UP Thank this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    They have targeted truckers on I 69 at the state line for some time now. And I'm sure that crazy lady is still in that area

fargonaz Thanks this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    OH please get over that crap, we have an issue in this state with trucks speeding and the amount of accidents in the last three months that justifies this alone, putting trucks on notice may help.

I know many will cry about it but crap guys, stop acting like it is a us vs. them when we cause our own problems with making excuses for idiots on the road.

peterd, Dale thompson, tinytim and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Maybe they should try getting rid of that stupid speed differential...

8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Grouch and fargonaz Thank this.
  9. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    10 under is ludicrous and dangerous. I don't care who you are. I've also held permits for that state wanting 50 mph for a load a couple inches over height. Yes...over HEIGHT.

HEY who knows maybe they'll finally rack up enough money to do something about those third world bombed out goat paths they call "roads"......or maybe the whole state will go bankrupt like Detroit did.

10. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    72% of all COMMERCIAL VEHICLES. Wonder what the percentage of tractor trailers are in just the cmv classification. I'll bet if you compare miles driven its 99%.
    Those that don't understand if the percentage of miles driven is greater than 72% then big trucks are safer than other cmvs. There is no comparison to the average 4 wheeler.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Good ole Michigan ...it never changes there .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.