Might have landed a pretty good gig with Werner

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by IMSAkid, Jul 12, 2011.

1. IMSAkid

IMSAkid Light Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Downingtown pa
    We'll I'm done my training hours so now all thats left is to get to a terminal and test out... I dont know If I'm going to get this account or not, the guy said hes looking for someone with experience But he is willing to take on a fresh off the truck student. I have no doubt that I did well in my training. been with the same trainer the whole time Not one problem every load delivered on time except for one which was delayed by a bad accident on the interstate and most of the loads delivered an hour early. I was talking with Driver placement and was at 1st offered the family dollar account.. than after hearing a bunch of typing after he put in my employee number he imeeditley said we also have available a R&R Donnellely account.. Its a local (for me run) as everywhere i go is only about 3 hours from where I live $800 a week guaranteed and most weekends home... Now I have to drive a baby bunk as I'll be pullin 49000lbs + loads but that dosent bother me at all.

does this sound like a good gig for a new guy?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
  4. Tazz

Tazz Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Lynchburg,Tn
    But they have consistent stuff which is why we keep getting hooked with them. Not sure what Werners relationship is with them but would offer the caution to not be scared to remain legal. A lot of dedicated accounts seem to use the mantra" well everyone else does it" but being on elogs you should face less of that good luck!

5. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    $800 a week.at Werner????Yeah sure good luck getting near close to that.:biggrin_2559:

6. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Tazz Thanks this.
  7. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    Tazz Thanks this.
  8. redwood74

redwood74 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2009
    Dallastown PA.
    Werner, in my EXTREMELY brief time with them, are nothing but liars. They recruit everyone fresh out of school so they don't have to pay them anything! Not to mention having you wait days for loads without pay! Oh yeah and make sure to bring plenty of bleach to detoxify the ####### they will give you. don't forget to bring your own mattress too, very good chance it will stink! Not trying to discourage you, we all got to start somewhere. Especially if you owe them for the training. But hey, if you can make 800 wk go for it (I would ask for that in writing) If it's a lie, get some time in and look elsewhere. Some drivers love it there, I was not one of them. Much happier running LTL.

9. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I did the RR Donnelly account for awhile when I was with Werner. A lot of it was hauling magazines/catalogs to bulk mail (USPS) centers. Spent a fair amount of time going to/from York PA. Luckily there is a Walmart close by the York warehouse and there's a strip mall next to it with a Best Buy and a Chinese buffet.

But yeah, every load was pushing 45k.

10. red_eye

red_eye Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    belpre, ohio
    Dont park in the mall parking lot in york.. lol you will get towed..even if you are in the truck.. we pick up alot at the place.. bulk mail..and the cat DC across the street.. if you are bob tail you can park behind best buy.. they dont care.. but DO NOT park in the mall parking lot..lol

11. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Yeah try to get that in writing!Even if he does he will still wouldn't come close to that rate of pay.:biggrin_25523:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.