Might have my foot in the door!

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by BigTennOTR, May 11, 2017.

1. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Finally think i got my foot in the door at Saia LTL

buddy of mine said they are in need of line haul drivers all over...

Said i would be getting a phone call today or tomorrow! Wish me luck

Its for a system driver position so I'll be home every weekend or for a 34... which is way better then my current job!!

What should i expect to make my first year?

Jazz1, Shock Therapy and Puppage Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    If this is what you want I hope you get the call and good luck, as for the pay I have no idea.

G13Tomcat and BigTennOTR Thank this.
  4. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    Thank you sir , they pay in my area .62 cents a mile then they pay for breaking a set apart.. i think its a good gig....

Only bad thing is driver facing camera but I'll get over that

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    They been emailing me on indeed now for about 6 months showing interest in my resume. I keep turning them down

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    They start at .62 or top out at that? .62 seems high to start for any LTL. I have a buddy who runs the city for them in Greenville, SC. He makes $24ish an hour, been there a few years. Only bad thing is they will fire you over about anything. Keep your nose clean.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. RicoNC

RicoNC Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Raleigh/Clayton, NC
    As far as I know , in the raleigh NC area, for LTL they start around 20ish per hour. That 0.62 most likely will be for running line haul...plus the additional pay for breaking doubles , etc...best of luck to you!

BigTennOTR Thanks this.
  8. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    You start a few cents under .62 cents top out is after 18 months i think.

And yes their line hauls atm tops out at .62 cents..

And as long as you do your job and follow policies i dont see how you can get fired

9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    What terminal are you applying at? I'm going to call them and tell them you stink! Ha!

But in all seriousness, I wish you the best of luck. But if they're like in my neck of the woods, they hire a lot and they also fire a lot, not mention layoffs.

But with you being a system driver that may be an entirely different ballgame. I've never seen any of those guys here

BigTennOTR and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I've actually heard that as well, @BigTennOTR ... and yeah, the cameras. That wouldn't make or break me. But when they say NO YouTubing videos, like many men and women supplement their lives with, they mean NONE. I'm pretty sure they are really strict with Cellphones as well. @Pintlehook ?? @lcfd15 ??

Best of luck to you, hope it happens 4 ya.... just HEED rules... (me, I don't have many company ones, ergo the freedom of a small gig, lol~!)

BigTennOTR and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  11. BigTennOTR

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    I work for a small gig now... and your right the freedom is nice. And yes no talking on the phone while driving lol o well most system driving is at night so no one to talk to anyways

I just want a place i can retire from with benefits and health insurance...and pays well lol...

Hope it works out!

scythe08 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.