Miles Pay Off Time

Discussion in 'Celadon' started by fueldog, Apr 1, 2009.

1. fueldog

fueldog Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Agricola,MS
    Hi Jammers,

Its been 7 wks as a newbee with Celadon, been keeping a Excel spread sheet on days, trips, road exp, miles and pay.. Here's what I have experienced,, First a disclaimer.. all of what I share with you is my own experience... and will vary between drivers at Celadon and 7 wks is not enough to make it a concrete fact for all. but in my 7 wks here's what I've experienced.
    7wks 15500 miles = 2200 miles per wk
    based on your ppm avereged $690/wk gross.
    living expense on road, not including cell phone but just living on road $75/wk
    I drive 3 1/2-4 wks before I take 4 days off..
    Getting Days off is not a problem, just give at least 7 days advance notice more notice the better, and then when getting close to your requested days off, remind DM as they do forget, its your responsibilty to take care of you..
    Be Flexible, unless its a hard core situation... Take the loads your assigned, No lip.. You'll Go Far:biggrin_25525:

Hope this helps,, remember this is slow time in trucking, it will get better and some weeks because the way loads are scheduled and delivered you sometimes don't get your paper working in to give you a big check, but the next week will be, as its overlap..:biggrin_2551:

Best, see you out there and Wave :biggrin_25520:

truckdriver402, jtrnr1951 and Baack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmg1029

dmg1029 Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Coeur d Alene, ID
    Can you share you simple spreadsheet (minus the data of course) ??

4. joyride111

joyride111 Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2009
    chicago illinois
    i tryed doing as i was told but celadon need to put a ez pass in their trucks an u just got 7 weeks wait til u get 7 months there an the new driver cuming in will b getting 2500 plus miles an u will b getting 2000 or less just watch an see i pull a tanker now an watch where u park yo truck cuz celadon pissed off a lotta drivers an we still got the keys to the trucks cuz 1 key fitts all or did u know that:biggrin_2553:

5. Metawolf

Metawolf Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Decatur, Georgia
    Hi Fueldog. Thank you for the info on Celadon. I'm looking for a carrier that gives a bit more hometime than mine. How long are you required to stay out at a time before your homecall? How many days off? One of their ads says that after 30,000 miles you get one week off and up to $1500. Is that true? Thank you.

6. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Fuel Dog thanx for the info keep it coming

7. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    $690/week BEFORE taxes with 37 years experience? Seems pretty low to me

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Joyride111 said:

So what's your point tuff guy? You saying you're gonna rape, plunder, and pilage every Celadon truck out there because YOU can't handel yourself?
    Those drivers didn't do anything to you Rambo......take your beef out on the "company" not the driver.

9. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Ya'll kill me................

Post is about 13 months old, post on April Fools Day, no less.........

JustSonny Thanks this.
  10. jron619

jron619 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    lots of people looking for a fight..........

11. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Sic 'em!!:biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.