miles

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by rwarren, Dec 2, 2008.

1. rwarren

rwarren Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    is anyone else out there having trouble getting stranded for days at a time with runs to florida that result in three to five day layovers with NO dispatch to get you out of there? I drive for Star and am real sick of this..I would make more on unemployment!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Seriously , maybe you should open an unemployment claim and put in a claim when you sit 3 to 5 days . You're better off finding a carrier with dedicated runs.

4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The problem with Florida is that there is always more going in than coming out. It's not your dispatcher's fault. That's just the nature of their economy.

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    yea, unless you are hauling produce flowers or cars it can be bad.
    i just loaded out of miami yesterday (i was preplanned b4 i got there) with a heinekin load. BUT my home terminal is out of jax. fl.

Baack Thanks this.
  6. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    Fl. has always been bad new's

7. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    rwarren,

Unemployment is not the answer. Finding a good company is what you need to do. Were you paid for your layovers or did you just give the company your time?

I have no idea about Florida or any other state in the union. I do know that the driver should be compensated, in some way, for every hour spent on duty while in the service of their company.

If you need to layover, waiting for a load, you should be paid your average daily wage for that. At least in my opinion.

That is one of the many reasons for driver turnover. Star seems to be just like any other. You mean nothing to them until they get you a load. Very sad.

Drive safe

8. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    Your a dreamer.

vickw Thanks this.
  9. Wen782

Wen782 Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    -----------------------------

There may be more, but Transport America (although they cut it down to less, recently) pays $200 per day (for an O/O) if they aren't able to find you a load to haul w/in 24 hours of your previous delivery. Not that I'm looking around for that w/ every company, but it seems to be the exception, not the norm.

10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Never take a load to Florida unless you have a preplan to get you out. Its one of the worst freight lanes in the country.

11. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    Tell them to keep you out of Florida.As long as you will sit for them they will let you.Look at the bright side-you could be sitting in the cold north.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.