MILLIONAIRES CLUB

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Midwest Trucker, Oct 3, 2020.

1. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Gabriel’s are valved for a firmer/ harsher ride than Monroe’s. Monroe’s will feel softer and need smooth roads all the time. Gabriel’s hold up better on rougher road use so that is why the oem’s compromise and use Gabriel’s. Buy the black one’s and paint them yellow for the “pristege”

Has the Millionaire Club President and Treasurer come up with any merchandise we can buy online. I’d like a collector trucker hat and a decal for my toolbox.

650cat425, Brettj3876, PPDCT and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Wow! That's quite a week!

PPDCT and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  4. Casimir66

Casimir66 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Gabriels from the factory are crap. Good for 40k miles, then they are useless.
    Furthermore, have you seen the price of a can of yellow paint????
    The big companies are trying to put owner/operators out of the industry.
    And the paint companies are in on it!!
    My best advice is to buy Monroes.
    But, if you really think you should buy those black Gabriels, well , go ahead, it's your funeral. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Just out of curiosity, what are they going for now and with what engine? My 2019 with the X15 engine was close to $155k. I heard the prices dropped last year, but curious if they're climbing again.

PPDCT Thanks this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    $149,001 each. That is with an X15, endurant 12 sp and a 5yr 500k warranty on the engine. Heated tanks, built in inverter with outlets, fridge, double bunk, heated seat, smart wheel, etc. Good spec but not over the top.

It’s funny, I have a KW dealer 25 mins from me, and I buy my trucks 700 miles away because of significant pricing differences.

PPDCT, Casimir66, TallJoe and 4 others Thank this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I would have told them $149,000 or I'm walking.

PPDCT, feldsforever, TallJoe and 2 others Thank this.
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    That sounds exactly how my truck is spec'd. They're a good work horse and can handle anything you throw at them. I especially enjoy passing the Freightshakers and Volvo's on grades when I'm fully loaded with 80k. This was my first automatic driving a truck, and I have to admit, I've enjoyed the heck out of it. No more sore knee from clutching in rush hour traffic, and I generally use it in manual mode while cruising and taking hills. I just paddle shift like a sports car.

PPDCT, feldsforever, Casimir66 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Is it not weird? When you guys were saying that new trucks could be bought for less than $140 000, I did not know what you were talking about... Certainly they did not drop as much here in Chicago area. Neither at adjacent Wisconsin dealers: I called as far as Madison. I'd say Volvos at M&K dealer facilities in the very Chicago area: Des Plaines, Alsip kept the same price at 155-160K. Cascadia's dealers were not much cheaper either. As far as what is involved when you buy a truck somewhere far out of state, I am not sure but would all administrative costs and taxes not make it too prohibitive or at least complicated?

PPDCT and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    What about road master by Cooper......prob don't qualify LOL

11. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    You rode a Suzuki Quad Sport 230 when you were a kid so your IN! Welcome buddy. Can we get some thanks for the latest member of the TTR MC?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.