Millis transfer inc or prime inc

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Ocl9o, Jul 12, 2018.

1. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    Are they "no touch" dry van, that's what I'm looking for with my disability

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Yeah, they're no touch. With beer loads, you'll have to hop up in the trailer and secure the load guard panels and the strap them in. There's no such thing as a trucking job where you don't have to work at least a little. Plus getting out and dropping landing gear, moving lines, then rinse and repeat on the trailer you're grabbing. If you can't do minimal activity, trucking isn't the answer. There's no such thing as "no touch" if you're disabled. You have to get out of your truck and do stuff. "No touch" simply means that you aren't helping load or unload.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    I walk with a walker but I'm very physical. I can do everything you mentioned. I ran shipping/receiving operations. I also have the green light from buddies that are in the industry. They believe i am just as capable as they are. There is no question i can handle the work. I dead serious about this. I will be giving up all of my benefits. But i have been living on $750 mo. disability...screw that. I'm young and i like money and I'm not scared to go get it. So i will be asking for more information if that's okay

5. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    If you need a walker to walk, you can't do this job. Can you do it, technically,? Maybe. But you won't do well in this world. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to be honest and save you some heartache and wasted time.

6. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    I can, thanks for the encouragement

7. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    I have 6,000 sq. ft. of land around my home, and i do everything..even cutting the grass with a push mower. Will-trans already sent me the waiver paper work.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Ok cool. Never mind anything I said.

9. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Call recruitment and tell them everything you said here. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm just a truck driver, man. That's it. I don't split atoms, and I'm not an expert. I drive and pay bills. I'll never understand why people ask a million questions here that can be handled so easily with one phone call to a recruiter.

10. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    Im just try to start a new career, there is a long and short to this. I will also gain experience to do brokering in the future. by I have friends starting a trucking company, 60+ years of experience between them. I am very serious about this journey, i study the industry every night.

11. TLOWS1

TLOWS1 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2018
    Omaha
    Because i know how recruiters work i am also a Vet.And this is what this forum is supposed to be about i believe, unless something has changed. Your negativity is very visible. Take care

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.