Missed fuel stop. Now what?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Xzay, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Xzay

Xzay Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    this is my first load and it's going to Dallas. Currently I'm about 3 hours away and stopped to take my 10 hour since the load isn't due until 9pm.

Only thing is I was supposed to fuel up in San Antonio. But I didn't really understand the message. My mentor was a owner op so he just filled up wherever he wanted so i was kinda confused by the message. I have a little less than 2/8 fuel left and am at a flying j. I work for swift

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Call your DM and explain, EXACTLY like you posted above. Soon. I'm sure they'll rather you fuel there, even if they have to cut you a comcheck, and pay a little more for fuel 'just this once,' as opposed to having to pay roadside assist for fuel or a tow, should you run out.

Be safe, driver.
    Congrats on your first load!

ps: If you repost in the Swift part of the forum {i don't work for them} your answers may vary.

4. Jrayjr1971

Jrayjr1971 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2016
    Call your dispatcher and tell him you need fuel and they can open your fuel card or send u money on a comdata or eds check,u are at trickster so this is good,just don't run truck out of fuel.shut it off,and make the call to dispatcher,u are ok bro

NavigatorWife and sevenmph Thank this.
  5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    OMG.....I'd drive back to San Antonio to your fuel stop.

6. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    No just call dm.
    They will open card or generate new fuel route.

Your mentor didn't do a good job.

Dharok, x1Heavy, NavigatorWife and 2 others Thank this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    When I worked at Swift they loved to send my fuel stop about 1.5 hours out of the way after home time, and then refused to actually route me there so I could get paid for it. I simply started rolling it the direction for my pickup and stopped at a truck stop on the way. Sad thing is it was still a Pilot or Flying J so in network, the computer would just not want to send me there. I called dispatch or breakdown, forget which, and told them the comdata code of the station and they would turn on the card. Must have done it several dozen times and not a single complaint. Other times I knew I wold be heavy pulling paper out of the PA hills, so I would keep the truck lower on fuel until I got out of the mountains, and again pull in and call and nothing said.

-Steven

NavigatorWife and Toomanybikes Thank this.
  8. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    well, that truck DOES have a reverse gear right?

i say back up till you get to your stop that you missed?

seriously, call your dispatch for permission n to get a few gallons up the road. this MAY BE your one and ONLY time you may be forgiven.!

JRTBud877 Thanks this.
  9. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    Realize this isn't like a new thing, but that would drive me nuts being told exactly where to fuel up like that. Call Swift and tell them you couldn't find San Antonio on the map

Dharok, JRTBud877, 8thnote and 16 others Thank this.
  10. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
  11. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Just call your dispstch. Someome ssid that might be your only time your forgiven. Dont listen. He dont know his head from his arse

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.