Missed wages payments.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by kutscher, Sep 5, 2021.

1. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    Does any 1 has an idea how long I have the right to get missed wages payment?
    I drive for a bigger company sience about 9 Year or so.
    In 2016 I did not get payed for many days. I did not track this all now. But I gues it is much over 20 days..
    I requested this several times at the dispatcher to clear out. The diapatcher I think never did this.
    So, I was all the time a little bit bussy and put it at the end of the list.
    Now I have the print outs from the payment status and the logbook available.
    There are wekks with "0" payments and a lot of hours in the logbook.

Does any 1 knows how much time I have to clear this out. I still have the hope that the company is not this shamefull to not pay this.
    When any1 has a strategie available, I would be super happy.

Hold the bumpers clean

M.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    That would be a question for the state labor board in what ever jurisdiction you are located.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think this beckons to ask you some questions like...

1) did you get your paperwork in before the cut off time for payroll?

2) did you forget to send in a day or 2, on your part, that maybe you misplaced the hours/miles worked?

3) do you keep detailed records, ?? (you claimed that you DID NOT track all of this, until now....)

4) did you go in person or call the payroll dept? (the dispatcher does not handle payroll)

personally, i think you missed the cut off time to get your paperwork in, and you got paid the following pay period.

going back to 2016, will take some time for payroll to follow up on, but they can do it. you on the other hand, had better have proof to back up what you claim, such as the logs, paystubs, maybe if you get direct deposits, those as well from your bank.
    '
    you cannot accuse someone in payroll for anything you messed up. it's all on you at this point to get payroll to look into this.

kutscher, Milr72 and N00bLaLoosh Thank this.
  5. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I think that when I look more into this, that would be able to proof about 10 days which I did not get payed. ((I am payed by the hour).
    I used only the documents which became generated by the company. I have not all availabele . So there is possibly aN other 20 days which I did not get payed but it would be hazzle to dig the evidenzes out from this.
    When the company would push 3x the enterbuttom and print out the logbook from this time it would be absolute easy to proof and to pay this but I am not sure how big the interest from the company is to fix the missied payments.

(Sorry for all the errors, english is not my 1st language.

Hold Your bumpers clean!

M

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    give your company a chance to go over the payroll system. it is all on computer, so it's not that difficult for them to do.

in the future, keep better and detailed records for yourself as well, as you may need to prove your situation.

personally, i believe you got paid, but not all at once, maybe one day mixed in with the regular weekly pay checks. or, since you do not keep records, they paid you all you earned, and you just cannot believe that, due to your lack of record keeping.

to go over the payroll dept heads, and not follow the chain of command, will only make things harder for you, cuz they too can say, they paid you what YOU PROVIDED to them.

now what will you do with no records on YOUR part..????

kutscher Thanks this.
  7. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    See above

All good

M.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    they will cooperate. be respectful and as helpful as you can be, when you talk to them.

let us know what happens.

fishonron Thanks this.
  9. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Why did you wait 5 years? If I don't get paid I'm calling payroll the next morning.

HoneyBadger67, sevenmph and buddyd157 Thank this.
  10. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I did not notice it for a few month. The dispatchers told me all the time they are working on it. So it went to the end of the list.
    M.

11. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I sent 5 days ago an email to the payrolers. I did not get an answer.
    I have no idea what to do now.
    HMF.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.