Mission Petroleum Carriers

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Duron, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Duron

Duron Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Perkinston, MS
    Can someone enlighten me as what to expect from Mission Petroleum Carriers of Houston. I sent in an electronic application over the weekend and received a reply 9:00 or so today. I know only they are mostly a Texas company that hauls crude and LP. An up-front thanks to youall. Duron

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    I know they constantly advertise for drivers, which usually means a high turnover rate.

Good luck to you.

pathfinder1361 and Duron Thank this.
  4. Duron

Duron Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Perkinston, MS
    Thanks bigjoel! Turnover rate could be caused by a number of causes...like wages or conditions. I'll keep y'all posted if things develope. Duron

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    A high turnover rate is a good indicator for something BAD.

RockinChair and Duron Thank this.
  6. Duron

Duron Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Perkinston, MS
    We are, perhaps, gonna take a working vacation in the Eagle Ford area and would like to know as much about some crude oil companies before I go and waste my time and ask to many stupid questions and make a fool of ones self! TKS, Duron

7. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    I'm not sure where the Eagle Ford area is but check this thread out. It may give you some ideas on companies and jobs. :)

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...14-need-work-south-texas-oilfield-hiring.html

Duron Thanks this.
  8. joshua1514

joshua1514 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2012
    I work for Mission myself, and have for the last year. Mission is an excellent company to work for. They do not have a high turnover rate, they are just growing to keep up with extreme driver demand in the eagle ford. Missions main buisness is crude, but also has a large gasoline division. In the crude division, especially in the EF area you can expect at least 65k a yr, thats if your lazy working 4on 2 off scheduel. I personally make almost double that believe it or not, but remember the oilfield is booming today and dead tommorow, however the eagle ford is just starting to become developed. If you have any questions let me know I'd be happy to let you know all the good, bad and ugly

stevict Thanks this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Joshua I've done lots of liquid asphalt does
    Crude act like asphalt. Needs to be heated
    to remain in liquid state or more like 4 oil.
    Do you have to flush pumps after using them?
    Never seen or handled crude just wondering.

10. joshua1514

joshua1514 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2012
    The crude here in south texas is a very light natural gas condensate, very thin. Hauling crude is just a matter of checking the oil in the production tank for quality and refinery specs and then pumping in to trailer, Here at Mission we haul it from the well site to local pipeline drop sites. Hauls range from 5 to 100+ miles. Just pump in pump out no heating in s tx, however in north dakota that could be another story

11. Duron

Duron Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Perkinston, MS
    Thanks Joshua. Keep up the good work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.