Mobile on the road office equipment

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by istumped, Feb 16, 2019.

1. istumped

istumped Medium Load Member

Feb 8, 2015
    For those out their running the road. What are you guys/gals using too fax,scan,copies? This would be for all business activities while on the road. I want to be completely mobile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Fax would be truck stop fax machines. There's web services, but they're mostly junk (also who uses fax machines). Printing, I use an HP OfficeJet 200. Scan/copies would be a scan app like Office Lens and the printer. Otherwise it's all available at Kinkos.

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I am trying to go paperless as much as possible... so very minimal need for most of the traditional fax, print, scan stuff.

My company uses Transflo, and they provide the cover sheets, so I use the iOS App for scanning my paperwork to the office right from my Truck... as mentioned above I use MS Office Lens to Scan copies of taxable receipts, etc... I can digitally sign paperwork on my Apple Toys... so no need to print and sign anything... banking is completely on the cloud as is all my bills and credit cards... so no paper there.

I do have a mobile WiFi hotspot that I use as a household service within my Truck and have a big data package on my iPhone...

I am trying to be as “minimalist” as possible with my tech without sacrificing much... so no printer or scanner in my Truck... except scanning from my iPhone as mentioned... and I agree, it’s been years since I needed to fax anything.

Right now, all I have in my Truck is an iPhone, an iPad, an Apple TV which is used for streaming to my TV and as a HomeKit Hub, and the Verizon WiFi JetPack.

While I’m very Apple Oriented, Android will have all the same apps and options...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    cybill234 Thanks this.
  5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I got my printer for those rare occasions that I need to print a double blind bill, border papers, or permits. I had to do it once and was very nice to the gas station employee, whom allowed me to use their printer.

6. cybill234

cybill234 Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Try Scanner Pro for iOS.

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    for internet I use a Verizon jetpak and a laptop
    for fax I use "myfax"
    for scanning I have a usb "neat receipts" scanner. I also use it to scan all my receipts for taxes that way I don't need to keep them in the truck till I get home it also does PDF
    for printing when needed I use a "canon portable printer ip100" does black and white and color with add on battery and bluetooth adapter

and it all fits in a briefcase

8. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    Best thing I found for scanning pages is the brother DS620 portable micro scanner it runs on Windows MacIntosh and Linux.

Thouren and roshea Thank this.
  9. USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi

USMC '74-'78 Semper Fi Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Mount Union, PA
    I have a DeckJet 3700 series 2 printer in the truck. It prints, copies and scans. I use a hotspot for the internet connection. Inverter provides the electric and a small supply (bout 50 sheets) of paper is all thats needed. This system has served all my needs, printing BOL's, sending invoices, or providing a copy to a customer while on the road. I do not fax as most folks/companies now can accept documents via email. Thanks, PK

MrEd Thanks this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Any printer scanner will work just fine.

Any web based fax service also does just fine.
    Even better when they have phone app.

I used to use efax I think it was. Maybe it was jfax

Mobile internet through phone and you're all set.

11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    I have an HP 3752. Got it walmart over ayear ago for about 50 bucks. I use the HP app on my phone. It prints, copies, scans.....works for all I do. No more schlepping around a truckstop waiting on faxes that they charge 2 bucks a page for.

flood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.