Mom N Pop restaurants you can fit at.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FoolsErrand, Jul 24, 2019.

1. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    I hate seeing one off, mom and pop "owner op" family restaurants being driven out of business by the run of the mill corporate poison food thats always right on the main route, so i try to frequent the ones i can fit at. Figured id start a thread to maybe help them stay afloat. The food doesnt have to be incredible.. My criteria are that the owner is there working and a truck fits.

In NC

The old farmhouse buffet in ansonville, and lulu's family restaraunt in norwood are both on NC52 and will fit one or two trucks. I sometimes spend the night behind lulu's. Nice lady.

Marios family restaurant on 70 @ 801 in barber NC, one or two trucks can fit on the back road into parking lot. Great food, nice people.

Your turn

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadgeek395

Roadgeek395 Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Country Kitchen, Big Pine, CA US 395. Truck parking and owner works there.
    Ranch house cafe, Olancha, CA US 395. Truck parking and owner works there.

I'll think of more

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    By the time I pull the trigger and start my career, these wonderful places will be long gone. :-(

Intothesunset and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  5. CousinVinny

CousinVinny Medium Load Member

Jan 26, 2015
    New Jersey
    About 10mi east of Jugtown Mountain in NJ is the Spinning Wheel Diner on rt 22 eastbound. It's a ~10min detour off 78. I've never seen more than maybe 3 trucks parked there at a time.

[​IMG]

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Lucille's Roadhouse Diner in Weatherford, OK. There's plenty of pull through parking next door at The Fastland Travel Center. Great ribeye steak...oh heck everything is good.

If you need a pair of new work boots or work wear there's a Western wear shop inside the truck stop.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    Diesel Country in Le Grand, CA, (can't remember the highway) was a small mom/pop place, with a real chicken coop outside back...

great steak dinner, only needed a butter knife to cut the steak, great half a chicken with all the trimmings, so tender the meat fell off the bones.

dirt lot, but SUPER quiet, out in the middle of no where....long gone now, i think it's a Pilot now..????

so you see, you snoozed, you losed.....

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Intothesunset and Puppage Thank this.
  8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    The Outpost Cafe where the I-15 and jct 395 split in California is all home cooked. Plenty of parking since it sits at the Pilot.

9. Big_D409

Big_D409 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Robertsdale, AL 36567
    Ramblers Roost in Van Wert OH has a 24 hr diner, but they are closing end of September. Caroline’s Kitchen in Bucyrus OH has parking across the street, huge lot and I don’t think there’s been more than 10 trucks there.

10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    The Rt 30 bypass killed Ramblers Roost... Sad to see another spot gone

11. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    I read an article that said the Ramblers Roost Restaurant was closing because the owner wanted to retire but I'm sure the 4 lane didn't help any.

Intothesunset, Al. Roper and Big_D409 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.