Mooooo....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Burky, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

This morning, I was taking a load from Bensenville Il, to Kalamazoo Mi. The load was scheduled for noon delivery, but the clerk told me the day before he was open on the time and i could bring it in early if I so desired. So I was planning on about 8:30 am. About 30 miles West of Kzoo is a rest area, and I pulled in there for a quick stop to take care of some personal business....

After that, I walked back to the truck, and since I had my small dog with me, grabbed her leash and allowed her out to take care of her morning business. We walked to the grass and she did some snifing around for just the right spot, and then she did her "squirt in the dirt" routine. After a few more sniffs for good measure, we walked back towards the truck.

Parked one spot over with nothing in between us was a Deathmobile, filled with cows taking a short ride in a long trailer on their way to the beef packer up the road a few miles. My dog noticed the smells and activity from the nearby trailer, and we moved over closer.

(Note: A bloodhound can sniff a dirty T shirt and then follow a 5 day old trail for 50 miles, but it took my dog 7 minutes to notice a trailer full of cows parked 20 foot away.... but I digress.....)

We walked over to the trailer and she was sniffing up a storm, and unsure of what kind of a treasure trove of smells she had found. I then picked her up and let her kind of look into the trailer. All of a sudden, a large mucus covered nose appeared, followed by about a foot of wet pink tongue, and a chorus of "Mooo's" from inside the trailer.

And at the same time, I suddenly had my arms filled with nothing but hair, eyeballs, and toenails, as the dog scrambled frantically to get away from whatever the heck was inside that trailer! I put her back in the truck, got inside while she hid back in the bunk to recover from the trauma of the experience, and I laughed at her expense all the way to the bakery.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    maybe your dog needs a therapist now......lol...the dog whisperer is great from what i hear and see on tv....

4. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I would have been scared too!

Could I have hid in your bunk too?:iconbiggrin:

5. DONNALOU

DONNALOU Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Louisville,Kentucky
    Burky.... there is a dog phychic. If your dog gets to talk to her .Shes gonna tell on you! :smt046

6. nikon66

nikon66 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2006
    IL
    My old girl friend was like that, used to scare the heck out of me..

Great story hope you little buddy recovers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.