MORE act

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Shortride, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Shortride

Shortride Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2017
    If the MORE act goes through will truckers be able to smoke cannabis without losing our jobs?

Opendeckin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    If you need to get high. Find another line of work please.

4. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    If you are even asking this question, Trucking is NOT for you! Find a new line of work. Would you want an 80,000 lb vehicle behind your family if the driver was a Marijuana user?.?.?

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    No. Part of the act gives the DOT the authority to keep weed on the list of prohibited drugs for truckers, rail roaders, pilots etc. Until there is a proven roadside test to determine if a driver is under the influence of pot, and a standard established on how much is too much, like the .04 for alcohol, it will stayed banned. Maybe even then, who knows.
    And don't hold your breath on this bill making it through the Senate.

misterG, Coffey, Dino soar and 7 others Thank this.
  6. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Actually there is a road side test for Marijuana. If a police officer is a drug recognition expert he can perform roadside test to determine which drug a person is under the influence of. When the police officer determines the driver is under the influence of a controlled substance Here she can be arrested.

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its a little bit of dope. Not the end of the world. Its been legalized here in Canada for a few years and we don't do random drug testing of commercial drivers. Shockingly enough we don't have a pandemic of drugged up truckers crashing into stuff. So what's the big deal?

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    They should be able to do that. Having driven after smoking a joint back in my young and dumb days, it is kind of scary with the amount of pot smoking there is going on today. For sure, I should have never been driving back then.
    The problem I see is that the states/country needs to have a way to establish a standard of how much is too much to safely drive. The technology is becoming available for this and will continue. to evolve rapidly as more states legalize pot.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  9. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I agree. In my opinion, no amount is on to operate a tractor trailer

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  10. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    Only when at the dock waiting to get loaded and unloaded,to kill time you know,carriers will be required to provide pb&j sandwiches.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.