Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    That inline 6 was a solid engine. Had an F-150 with it. Should have never sold it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thanks for the replies guys and the advice .
    First of all espresso I get one or two passive regens a week that I notice as it always has and no I haven't pulled any samples since I quit having Morehouse do my lube work last spring .

Well tony I checked around with my local truck lube shops at home and nobody carries valvoline oil products which makes that switch kind of a pain in the yang .
    So after some rational thought I'm going to give the rottella semi syn a couple more drain cycles and see what happens ...im 8500 miles into the first drain cycle on it now .
    I'm just outside Chicago now and still hasn't used any since LA some maybe progress ?

4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I gave it some more thought and I really don't need this thing blowing up 1700 miles from home so I scheduled it into the shop between Xmas and new years for an overhaul .

5. Espressolane

Nov 21, 2009
    Had a cat dealer in sparks do the C-15. 670k on it. Did the platinum or what ever the top of the line full warranty job is. They did a good job, took 2 weeks. That was done in 2014, was about 23K out the door. Sold the truck 3 months later. Got the money back on that investment.

Shock Therapy and Vic Firth Thank this.
  6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Unloaded in east pa and reloaded at Newark NJ back to Nebraska and then to gibben ne to north Baltimore Ohio then reload back to Omaha and home for a couple days .
    Really unhappy with these Bridgestone steer tires I had put on last February ...they ride horrible ! And already shoulder wear typical of a firestone .
    Gonna run em a couple more months and pull em and put Michelins back on .
    The Bridgestones with make good trailer tires for my pals with their own trailers when I pull em at about 60%

7. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    2 weeks in a row now, I'm going to be late for an appointment, due to mechanical issues beyond my control. I know that stuff happens but, I still feel bad when I can't do my job properly.

Last week it was a tire on the tractor that blew. Brand new recap, with barely 1500 miles on it. That took 12 hrs to get fixed.

This week, it's an ABS sensor on a trailer that went bad and cost me almost 6 hrs. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

bzinger, Rugerfan and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  8. Espressolane

Nov 21, 2009

I think ever one has a day like that. Sometimes it a week.

9. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Don't feel bad flash .
    I stopped at Princeton ill this afternoon for fuel , scale and shower and hit the road .
    Dam near to Iowa when I realized I left my fone in the shower ....turn around and go back lol.

10. Shock Therapy

Shock Therapy Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2016
    n.cntrl il
    Well that Sucked :eek:

bzinger Thanks this.
  11. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Wonder if we were there at the same time. Had to stop there for a chat with Mother Nature.

Shock Therapy and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.