Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. The Kraut

The Kraut Medium Load Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Land of Enchantment
    There's something with a 3pl, one of our dispatchers went over there.
    But to be honest, I have no idea what exactly is going on. Before my 17 days vacation I was mainly in the Pacific North West and only for drop and hooks on the yard. And when I came to the yard on Thursday at noon I had to move in the new truck and was so busy that I didn't ask anybody about that. On Friday morning I took care of the last things before I turned in my old truck and then I went to Sapp Bros in Council Bluffs to get an antenna installed by Olgold. The build in antenna under the roof is crap and I don't want to drive without a radio. When I was back I picked up my trailer and left.
    My new truck is driving pretty nice, but the adaptive cruise control makes me crazy. 500 ft behind a slower truck and my truck slows down if I don't push the pedal. And I had my first collision warning when I went under a bridge, nobody was in front of me. Just waiting that the truck slams the brakes without reason.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Gonna dread my next new truck because of all the crappy "driver assist" junk their putting on. Problem is, you can't hardly buy a new truck anymore without all that crap!!!!

Shock Therapy Thanks this.
  4. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Fleets and insurance companies reducing liability.....all the new Morehouse have it .

G13Tomcat and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  5. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    And if all this crap worked, I'd actually be for it.
    When I started with transam, they had the precursor to this brake system, forget what it was called. It would go off on bridges, signs, even overhead power lines. Sounds like it still doesn't work right but, what the heck, let's put it in anyway!!!

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Got a call today from my outbound Omaha dispatcher who was on vacation last week calling me lots of vile names ( he was joking ) for taking this load to North Carolina after I told him 2 years ago no more for me .lol.
    Thought maybe I'd run into @motocross but hes MIA as usual lol.
    I'm at the big boys truck stop at kenly nc now and what a nice place !

wore out, Rugerfan, G13Tomcat and 5 others Thank this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Cupcakes and pizza and five ot plus candles upon arrival.. sheesh.. 20 WOULD HAVE WORKED~!! LoL ... back on the road... auugh.

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Mascouta Illinois for me with a drop in east st.lous tmw ...then on to Omaha.

9. dwells40

dwells40 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Happy Birthday!

10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Nothing new here just business as usual.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.