Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Cam is back in and should be done tmw.
    Sounds like Morehouse is having another meeting on Monday between our oil supplier and Cummins so they can point fingers at each other lol....this should be interesting.
    My opinion is this is a Cummins issue not an oil problem, I think until this gets hashed out I'm going back to the conventional blend and back to 35k drains even tho the oil is still clean .
    I'm not to happy with our oil analysis either as this should have been flagged along with our other trucks with cam failures the came back clean.
    I think it will be awhile before I have any answers on what caused this or who if anyone is going to step up and cover part of this .
    I do know that vendors know Morehouse has a long memory towards those that piss them off ...zeitners does too .
    I once heard that thermo king many many years ago pissed off the house and we haven't bought thermo king since.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Another reason I think its not an oil issue is because zeitners last I knew uses Rotella and they are having the same issues .

4. Feedman

Feedman Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2015
    West mi
    What oil are you using brad? I know we had a local company that was having the same problem a few years ago. Don't remember if it was number 4 or 5 cylinder but they kept losing cams. If I recall something and the oil flow to only the one cylinder.

5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    It's from a company in omaha that custom blends they're own oil called allied oil .
    They've been around for ages and supply most companies in the omaha region .
    And yes this occurred on number 4 ...everything else looked fine , 228k on the cam ....no blueing at all .
    I just don't see this being an oil issue as this engine is deleted and the oil is crystal clear out to 30k.
    Also it doesent do any idling other than warm ups and cool downs .

6. Feedman

Feedman Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2015
    West mi
    I'll have to ask at work tomorrow about it and what they came up with. It was before my time there and have only heard pieces of the story. Maybe it's completely different reasons but asking if free

7. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I'll be interested to hear ! I do know this has been an issue for Cummins for years but seems to be sporadic, another owner op here recently did a cam on his 2010 isx but it had 1.3 million on it .
    So far everyone is scratching their heads .
    It was pointed out to me yesterday that new cam is an updated version with wider rollers the cover the whole face of the lobe.

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I could understand this if this engine was an emissions (soot) sludge bucket on extended drains .

9. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Dr Pepper with Wray and Nephew clear rum. Ohhhhhh yeah.

10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Try a resting bp test. Sit straight up, feet on the floor, close your eyes, and breathe deeply for 5 minutes. That should lower your bp. If my bp is high at the physical, I tell them I want a resting bp done. Since you have two chances, it doesn't hurt.

11. dclerici1

dclerici1 Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2012
    MISSOURI
    6AD42BAB-E944-475F-820E-DA526753E891.png

And Becky always has a smile!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.