Morehouse/FCC

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by bzinger, Aug 31, 2017.

1. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I've skimmed through this thread, looked on indeed reviews and wn morehouse's facebook page and website. A few questions, feel free not to answer if you don't have time:

1. Do they hire out of NC, specifically out of the greater Charlotte area?

2. Where do they fuel and are the fuel solutions forced or fuel wherever as long as it's an approved stop? And do you/can you feel at Loves (that's my preferred fueling stop and where I like to park for the night)?

3. APU? Inverter? Fridge?

4. It says on their website no east coast. I'm assuming they meant by "east coast" the "northeast" right? And At the start of the thread it was mentioned going to New Jersey. In what world is New Jersey not part of the Northeast, lol? I guess what I'm asking is what are their typical running lanes and is any of the 5 NYC Burroughs forced? And how often are you in the Northeast north of the Ohio/Virginia/West Virginia lines?

I am inquiring as a company driver so not sure if that affects what are the normal running lanes. I'm sure plenty of O/O would avoid the Jersey area and maybe the company drivers get stuck with those loads, I don't know?

5. What's hometime policy? X amount of days off for X amount of days/weeks driven, no strict hometime policy, what is it?

6. Do they give you time on the loads or are you having to start your day exactly once your 10 hour break is up? Do they allow 34 resets on the road if you want one?

I saw on their Facebook page they are starting drivers out at $0.60 CPM. Bzinger said in another thread on this forum (he said it within the past week) that they were thinking about raising it to $0.62 CPM base pay. That's good money. Almost LTL money.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Shock Therapy and Panhandle flash Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    [QUi.OTE="BeHereNow97, post: 11575675, member: 307324"]I've skimmed through this thread, looked on indeed reviews and wn morehouse's facebook page and website. A few questions, feel free not to answer if you don't have time:

1. Do they hire out of NC, specifically out of the greater Charlotte area?

2. Where do they fuel and are the fuel solutions forced or fuel wherever as long as it's an approved stop? And do you/can you feel at Loves (that's my preferred fueling stop and where I like to park for the night)?

3. APU? Inverter? Fridge?

4. It says on their website no east coast. I'm assuming they meant by "east coast" the "northeast" right? And At the start of the thread it was mentioned going to New Jersey. In what world is New Jersey not part of the Northeast, lol? I guess what I'm asking is what are their typical running lanes and is any of the 5 NYC Burroughs forced? And how often are you in the Northeast north of the Ohio/Virginia/West Virginia lines?

I am inquiring as a company driver so not sure if that affects what are the normal running lanes. I'm sure plenty of O/O would avoid the Jersey area and maybe the company drivers get stuck with those loads, I don't know?

5. What's hometime policy? X amount of days off for X amount of days/weeks driven, no strict hometime policy, what is it?

6. Do they give you time on the loads or are you having to start your day exactly once your 10 hour break is up? Do they allow 34 resets on the road if you want one?

I saw on their Facebook page they are starting drivers out at $0.60 CPM. Bzinger said in another thread on this forum (he said it within the past week) that they were thinking about raising it to $0.62 CPM base pay. That's good money. Almost LTL money.[/QUOTE
    I'm going to keep this brief because most that ask ?s don't have the decency to reply or tell me to #### off
    And I don't recruit for Morehouse!
    Yep you will be expected to follow theyre fuel and routing plans.
    No they won't send you anywhere you don't want to go.
    Yes Charlotte is OK.
    You will never hear from them as long as you are where you need to be for on time delivery ....they couldn't care less where you take your break or how long you sit .
    Do your job , deliver on time. ..never hear from them unless you are a bonehead ..
    .piss them off to much over those rules you'll get fired .

4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Ohhh and they don't care how much time you take off within reason .

5. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    Alright, thanks. If anyone else wants to give a more detailed reply and answer what bzinger didn't get to, it would be appreciated but if not that's fine too. This helps a little. They're not very specific about the questions I asked on the website/facebook/online reviews so I thought I would ask here.

Panhandle flash Thanks this.
  6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I dont know what else to tell ya ? They run a tight ship and expect you to do your job legally and safely .
    I like jersey but hate Texas and they've never asked me go there .

7. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    He’s asked the same questions on a dozen different threads so hopefully he’ll find what he’s looking for.

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thank you for sparing me further babysitting!

9. BeHereNow97

Sep 15, 2020
    You're not doing any babysitting. Good Lord. I asked the same questions for 5 companies, Magnum, Danny Herman, FCC, Holland and now Morehouse. It wasn't a dozen companies that I asked questions on like bm58 stated. This is a trucking forum. So I come here to ask trucking related questions by people who are already writing in the company thread (like this one). That is the purpose of a trucking forum. To use it for useful information. So that's what I do.

Yeah thanks I hope so too, I hate switching jobs. I ask these questions on a trucking forum because once you contact the recruiter then the recruiting game begins and if you wait to long to make a decision the recruiter might not want to deal with you anymore. So I think it's best that I narrow down the companies as best I can and do my research, rather than spamming applications.

Oh and by the way some of the companies that I listed mention on their website exactly what their equipment (APU, inverter, fridge) have so I didn't ask those types of questions in the other threads if I could already find the answers for them.

anyways thanks for the response to some of my questions bzinger.

10. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Oh and yes all trucks have carrier apus and refrigerators .

11. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Sorry I was was jerk last night, I was having a pms day lol.
    I think Morehouse buys most of theyre fuel from loves and some from TA .
    Morehouse will route you around the Indiana, Ohio and Penn turnpikes if you go out that way , there's lots of different stuff to do here .
    Your ticket home will be from Columbus Nebraska to four oaks nc as we have 3 or 4 loads a week that go there .
    I can't really tell you much more as I've not been in the company fleet for over 4 years now .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.