Morgan southern

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by poorboy101, Apr 8, 2009.

1. poorboy101

poorboy101 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    jacksonville fl
    I have been under a truck lease with this company & i am 1/2 way trough my lease & now i am the blacksheep of the company. i get told there is no work, when every one else is working or if i do get work it is only maybe 3 moves every other day.going to the main manager in the office does no good,telling them i cant support 3 kids on 100.00 aweek does no good.they dont care. i cant quit cause then i lose the truck &all the money i have put in it. and i have a escrow that is suppose to be for major problems with the motor, but you cant use that. i have put out thousands of $'s on the motor out of my pocket cause they wont let me use my escrow like i am suppose to & if i quit i lose all that $ in escrow & the truck to them.

any suggestions?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Call Jim Morgan in Atlanta and tell him what's going on. He's a good guy. I'm an O/O in St Louis and there's nonsense that goes on up here too.

4. poorboy101

poorboy101 Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    jacksonville fl
    i am not sure he would help.have u had any problems like this & has he helped you?

5. kevinsw

kevinsw Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Reeds Spring, Mo
    I was in the same boat years ago with another company. I was forced to refinance my truck.

Good luck
    kevin

6. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    Not me personally, but others at my terminal. It wouldn't hurt to just call him and tell him that you're being looked over for work while others are running.

7. MikMichael

MikMichael Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2009
    St. Louis, Mo.
    SGreer, can you tell me about Morgan Southern or anyother intermodal carriers in St. Louis? I have applications from Roadlink, and from Meyer. Rate per mile, detention, rough annual gross? Thanks, MikMichael

8. DonPissedOff

DonPissedOff Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    Morgan southern is a ripoff from day1....they 44% of what the load pays out but wont show you what the load pays but only tells you....after a misfortune by a new dispatcher i was given a load with the load information on a morgan southern dispatch card and the load i had paid $341....company agreed to 44% but i was told by k.m. Term mgr. That we get 44% of half the load which is still $75. The actual amount they pay is $23 without mileage pay.....i was terminated for exposing this but the reason given was for somthing enitrely different.....im putting them on blast for everyone to see and steer clear of these guys....they also require you to drive 14hrs to make a decent wage and in some case drivers drive 18hrs....morgan is as shady as they come if you need more info just reply.....OH I DIDNT MENTION THAT THIS IS A LOCAL JOB....THEY ASLO DO HARBOR WORK WHICH IS SLAVE LABOR WITH MORGAN RATES

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Don PO'd, what happened at JB Hunt picket line in S. Gate, Ca.? last year?

10. DonPissedOff

DonPissedOff Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Lake Forest,Ca
    i was offered a job with Andrus Transportation out of ST. George UT.....this company was awful.....their trucks are junk!....all of them....i drove for 4weeks then offered a local job at 15hr....that local job told me as soon as i quit Andrus i will be hired.....i quit.....got my TWIC card.....took the physical....drug test....and then didnt hear from them for 5 weeks....i called and called and all i got was lies and run around from the lady who hired me....finally i started working 5 weeks after physical to find out $15hr was not gonna happen but 32% of the load was what i was offered....by then i was so disgusted but needed money....i took the job hauling to the ports and quit 2months late because i sat at NYK port for 9hrs on a saturday with 1 load and only made $28.....march 2010 i ran into morgan southern and discovered they are among the worst i have driven for in terms of ripoff......i am currently not working for them as of may 28th 2010....i am tryin to get out of the trucking industry because all companies want to do nowadays is rip drivers off and use the bad economy as a means for explaining their unethical business practices....i have had the worst luck with companies in the last year and its because JBHUNT dinged my DAC so bad that all thats available to me is bottom feeder companies.....ironically I was contacted by a JBHUNT recruiter yesterday because my MVR is clean and offered a job with the same terminal who fired me for said so-called preventables......im done with trucking :biggrin_25513:

11. JabberJaws

JabberJaws Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nashville Tennesse
    Well I hate to say it but, The best thing to do is suck up your pride go back to JB. Then look for work elsewere. See if you get rehired you can tell other companies "If i was such a unsafe driver why did they rehire me.

Second had same thing happen with CR England, They put a abandoment on my DAC and refuesed to take it off. Although Iturned truck intio SLC yard. I allowed a relief driver put into the lease truck(BAD IDEA) and he abandoned it. (Relief Drivers are company drivers) I was not notified he abandoned it I didn't pick the driver CR was in charge of that. Anyway I sit at home hearing the same thing from big companys like you. I called OOIDA 1 hr later my DAC was clean I hasd a letter of referal from CR human resources as well as a job offer to return from them. I declined and went to O & S instead.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.