Mortgage lenders for truckers….

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lennythedriver, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Strange.
    I've been a truck driver for over 47 years and have paid off mortgages on 2 homes and was that was never an issue.
    Tax returns and W2 should suffice for anyone.
    Maybe being more vague on job title will do the trick.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Everybody wants paystubs, blood sample, dna sample and your first born child these days. After the 2003-2008 run up and subsequent crash. Lending rules have become almost unbearable for mortgages.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Well my plan is to sell the RV place so the new home would be my primary residence I would just rented out on Airbnb when I’m out on the road. So I don’t see how that could be viewed as a negative aspect for a loan approval.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  5. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    Trust me. DO NOT mention the Air BnB plan to a lender. They will classify it as an income property. Then you will have a whole other problem on your hands!!

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Yes don't mention income property, youll be put through a whole 'nother ringer....

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Got it ... I interpreted that you'll keep the RV place and use the new place as an investment ... and like Dockhumper said as far as the lender will know the new place is your home and only your home. After you close, they won't care.

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Forgot.
    No unusual cash transactions in your checking..otherwise You'll have to show those accounts too.

9. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I just got thru with a ReFi on an income property. Effing nightmare. $50,000 down, financed $85,000 on a property that appraised at $270,000.00. 100K in the bank, 817 FICO Score. $20,000 in gross rents annually. Truck Driving income of $65,000.00 per year. Zero debt( except the property if course). PITI of $900.00 per month. Holy mother of God!! They acted like I was going to default in 3 months. The financial system in this Country is broken. I'll bet the 23 year old newlyweds that work at Denny's with a baby on the way had an easier time getting a loan than I did!! Lol

Waterman_99, D.Tibbitt, snowwy and 3 others Thank this.
  10. Dockbumper

Apr 29, 2020
    I forgot to add......I bought the property 2 years ago with 35K down. I have put about 20K in improvements in 2 years. So my total CASH INVESTMENT in the property is over 100K! IN THE LAST 2 YEARS!!! They still ran me thru the wringer! I didn't fit the "Template" i suppose. After the loan funded, I called the "Loan Officer" and told him to go F### himself and his dog. Really wasn't entirely his fault...... But.... it made me feel better!! Lol:mad::p:D

mjd4277 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I am totally there with you in the same boat. I am an owner operator of 1 flatbed. The bank hates the self employed. I have now taken my truck off the road to rebuild the motor and have just taken an hourly paid job just so I can get a home financed. I got a tip the other day from an accountant and that is to become a member of Farm Bureau. They work with folks like us from what I heard. Have no clue.

I think in my spare time I'm going to look into the lending laws

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.