Moses Lake, WA - New Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by STexan, Nov 7, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Half-Sun Travel Plaza. Probably been open a while as I have not run across there in a long time.

Seems to be a new truck stop in Moses Lake at I-90 exit 176. I did not stop in but seems to have a nice paved lot and a Cat Scale. But don't think it has a restaurant

The new truck stop's showers probably have more hot water than at Ernie's Truck Stop but I like the restaurant across from Ernie's (Bob's Cafe)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    That's a nice little restaurant. The Sun has been open for a couple of months.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Always nice to see more truck stops opening up, not that Ernies gets crowded but every bit helps.

5. Davethedriver

Davethedriver Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2019
    Yes there is a restaurant at the new truck stop. I live in Moses lake, and yes there is more motels by Ernie's and resturants. But no real stores within walking distance. The new truck stop if you walk across the freeway overpass there is a big grocery store 1.5 blocks up Broadway.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  6. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I like the Half-Sun. I stop in occasionally. Nice place. My biggest gripe, though, is the fact that they made the driveway WAY too narrow, especially considering how narrow the road you're turning onto is. One of the gals inside said they were supposed to fix it last year, but nothing has been done so far.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I never could figure out why they didn't put in a separate egress turn out, or make the one access route about 30 feet wider. At least it's not a busy, high-volume truck stop so it's usually not an issue

Joetro Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.