MOST COMPANIES WILL SET YOU UP FOR FAILURE.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Joseph Smith, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Naw.....Look it up......

The_vett, N00bLaLoosh, mjd4277 and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Anyone notice the O.P. is post #2?? Seems fitting for a Hit & Run.

What happened to or was there a Post #1?? o_O

4. SayeTrucking

SayeTrucking Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2022
    Minnesota
    Smile more, people will think you're up to something :p

5. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    There is a way about going for all things in life , universal attitudes , if you will , one important one is "Be careful what you look for , because you will find it , even if it isn't there." It is important to have an optimistic feeling and outlook, because we project to the world and people we come across as to what we are feeling inside. If we are negative , it goes out to everything we do , and all of the people we deal with. It may all be unknown to us while it is happening. But it happens just the same. I do have to say , this has been my experience , I cannot speak for everyone , However I believe it to be true in most cases.

6. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    I smile before I strike!

7. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I think in general your philosophy is correct but I don’t know if it applies to the trucking industry as a whole. A lot of trucking companies will take advantage of someone who’s just, “nice all the time“. I learned early on you have to learn how to stand up for yourself in this industry. Now there are some good companies out there that you don’t have to stand up for yourself very often. A subtle reminder or simple communication will correct most situations at a good company. But in my humble experience to this point, less than 50% of trucking companies out there are what I would consider “good trucking companies“. There’s some kind of element of WWE wrestling vibe that goes along with this industry as a whole. Lol ….you really have to learn how to navigate it to get ahead. But generally speaking in life, you are correct.

8. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    Thanks, we always have to stand up for ourselves.Never be a pushover.We can be ready for anything and still be positive thinking. I understand what you are saying as well, and when money is involved, no matter what the business is , we need to be always on the alert. In yesterdays world people treated you right with just a handshake, in todays world many people are out there just to take advantage. You are right Lenny , the good old days are gone and if we find people we can trust it is a rare joy. The only thing in life we can count on is change. FWIW , I trust and have better communication with Truck Drivers, than I do with anyone. I have relatives that are Drivers , past , present and will be in the future, I feel that for professional Truck Drivers , You had a brotherhood, you had something very special , all of you knew you could count on each other. Seems like now , nobody has the time.Plus you can't blindly trust anytime. I just know that you folks who become Drivers for the most part , are real , honest , good hearted , and TOUGH. That is what I respect ! Anyone can mistreat people and lie. We see it every day , it takes guts to be real and honest,and stay professional, especially with all the BS you have to put up with that most all people has no clue of.

9. StompToad

StompToad Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2022
    Here's a great way to get along with your employer... do your job.

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  10. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018

And do it well.

Opus Thanks this.
  11. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Living, what's that all about?
    You'll have plenty of time to do that when you're dead.
    Wait... That didn't quite come out like I hoped...
    ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.