Most stupid thing you heard...

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by mitmaks, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    My parents both grew up in Choteau, we used to go to the colony near Valier for produce and poultry.

Those guys come over here from that colony and set up stands over here near Kalispell each summer.

Best produce and poultry ever, and really decent prices too .

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    She's giving directions to a Mesa address.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. I am at a cafe outside and am a witness to a fender bender.

So I get to hear the banter.

Cop: Miss if you see brake lights and the car in front of you raises it's rear bumper from baking what do you do.

Female driver:. Ohhhhhh that's an easy one. I accelerate to raise my bumper to me theirs.

I spit out my coffee

5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo

Hate to burst your bubble but the mechanic was right. When you’re hooked to a trailer you don’t need mudflaps.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Well it is C O T. Where you can drive for salary.

stwik Thanks this.
  7. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    That reminds me of a pretty brutal situation I unfortunately had a front row seat to. I was pulling an end dump at the time and pulled into a local dirt pit. I was sitting waiting for the truck in front of me to be loaded. He pulls up, turns around and heads out. Well, I see a dog running around to my left in the grass, and down this hill comes a front end loader and the dog follows along happy as can be.

Well, I immediately thought "that's probably not a good idea" and I just had one of those "feelings." So, as the loader is coming towards me, the dog is just running along and gets in front of the loader and is sort of "nipping" at the tires as dogs do when cars pass etc. Well, I don't know if the dog took a bad step but he lost his stride and sure enough, the loader rolls right over his lower half.

As he rolled over the lower half of the dog, the dog reacts and tries to bite the tire as if it were being attacked by a predator, naturally. I start motioning erratically because the loader didn't even know he ran over the dog, obviously. He looks confused and tried to motion me to move up to get into position to get loaded, and I yell at him several times and he finally drives to my window and I break the news to him.

He freaks, runs back to look at the dog, along with the other loader operator who was trying frantically to get his attention, at this time the dog is constantly trying to bite his rear end for lack of a better term, obviously in a panic. He eventually lays his head down and dies. It was a brutal sight, and the worst part, was the dog belonged to the guy driving the loader that actually ran over the dog. I was then loaded by the other loader that was there, and when I pulled up to him he gave this look like "it's not good" as I'm sure the sight was gnarly up close. As I'm getting loaded the guy that ran over the dog, loads is dog into his pick up and drives off in tears as he heads home to bury his dog. Definitely not a good way to start your day.

LoneCowboy and Ruthless Thank this.
  8. Odin's Rabid Dog

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    ####.

okiedokie Thanks this.
  9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I'll second that.

Feh.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Double ####.

mitrucker and Odin's Rabid Dog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.