Most White Americans’ DNA Can Be Identified Through Genealogy Databases

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Oct 12, 2018.

1. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I have read it in few dna forums. people say 23andme has now biggest database.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    As of Sept of last year ancestry still has the largest database although the others are catching up..I did ancestry and my heritage.com and both came back very similar..Britain and west europe. My brother did 23 and me and it was more broad but still similiar.... things will likely change some, still an evolving science.

mhyn Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Got a little bit of welsh, Hesse Kassel Kurfurst (Destroyed by Nazi in 1933) when they came over after the 1805 napoleon wars during the 1820's, at least one of the original 80 Swiss who came over to PA to be Amish (Still working on that, genealogy is something of a hairball to access just got some of the materials now, there is alot to go through with those two family lines) And believe it or not a touch of European mix based on Russian, French And Nova Scotia. (Which probably is the same as Scotland etc) We are working on nailing that down at the present time.

DNA on my part is no where in anyone's possession as far as Genealogy, CODIS or Medical. Pathology in the Hospital might have it when they ran tests to determine my bone situation post surgery. The important news is they found nothing abnormal in my bone or it's Marrow other than the usual body's attempts to pave over the break and damaged area. So more than likely there is no threat from cancer or whatever from that source.

We are also working on my brother's side through his wife out of the Suffolk Mildenhall area of the UK, one of her sons believe it or not is a exact copy of me physically including the 4 flaws that we used as a comparison between us. Excluding my premature birth and his full term we can tell that somewhere in the wife's line has to be someone who managed to pass down the tree to him which was also to me. Makes me wonder if we had a intermarriage or some other taboo problem in there somewhere. We are working on that family line to find out. It will be a while going through the UK Genealogy.

One side of my family has been in Somerset going back a very long time (Tidewater Maryland) which indirectly came from Warwick which no longer exist between Williamsburg and Norfolk which itself comes from Wales in the time of Edward 1. That somerset family probably owned slaves prior to the civil war. We are trying to see if there are auction records tying sales of slaves as property back then. Many courthouses in that area were destroyed, burned etc by Union Troops in the Civil War so we will see what's possible.

It's unfortunate that People would do that kind of arson in war. They don't see the true cost in loss of records in which future generations might wish to try and resolve certain questions that become possible from that time.

smokey12 and mhyn Thank this.
  5. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    Yesterday I spend about 4 hours at familysearch.org. I want to thank Mormons and theirs Church for such a great web resource. I have found my grandpa's missing aunt, cousin and theirs kids. My grandpa was thinking that his aunt and family was killed in 1915. My grandpa was looking for them long time but after unsuccessful searches decided they are gone. At 23andme I saw a lady that was sharing with me 2.68% DNA /194 cm. Did research in few places such as ancestry, archives, myheritage and familysearch.com and found who is that lady. I told my mom about this and she was happy... What a great things are these DNA matching websites..

NavigatorWife and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.