Motor home run off roadway into parked tractor trailer

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by frankhaas, Feb 29, 2020.

1. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas
    ...and a time machine.

Your story doesn’t add up. The way you tell it, either Crete was so evil and vindictive that he intentionally ran you into the truck on the shoulder, OR, he was extremely inattentive while moving over (before completely clearing the vehicle he moved over to clear in the first place ).

Either way, you should’ve been right back on those brakes once you saw the trailer on the shoulder.

I, however, believe it to be option 3, that I have seen so often - an impatient driver that doesn’t like the truck pulling into the hammer in front of him and whips it over to the right lane and gets into the shoulder a bit...in your case, there just happened to be a big ole mean truck there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    From what I've read it seems like option 3, and just 1 more reason that RV should require an endorsement.

Swine hauler and Roberts450 Thank this.
  4. Chubby Fly

Chubby Fly Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2019
    lol at this thread. And like the crete driver would chime in or anyone who knew who the driver was. Op needs to yeild to the big boys especially when they are in the right.

Swine hauler Thanks this.
  5. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I've been driving for over 30 but knew from day 1 that it's pretty dumb to try to squeeze through the middle of a semi doing 65 and another parked on the side of the highway, especially in an RV.

Apparently you still haven't learned that lesson despite actually doing it and failing at it.

You need a sign on your vehicle to warn the rest of us.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.