MTC training

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Muffin-Man, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Muffin-Man

Muffin-Man Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Indiana
    I had found these people clicking on a link from a link from a website, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I just have to send in a copy of my MVR and attempt the financing through them. They are similar in function like Roadmaster and such, in which they have a selection of companies they are "partners" with, in which their graduates can work for or some such. Their "partner" companies are FFE, Hogan, Star, Stevens, Swift, and Werner. I don't know much about them. Their training is about 3-4 weeks long. Just wondering if anyone out there had any information on this place or not. Any good or bad.

Any info is appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrs. Bowmare

Mrs. Bowmare Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    LaGrange, GA
    I am familiar with the Kentucky training facility. Well, my fiance is... OMG. :biggrin_25516: Good luck! If you go, carry a folding chair & pack really light! The night shift is the best to be on: not as hot & trainers are more relaxed. They are really difficult though. About a 50% first time failure rate in my fiances class & the class before him. He was there 5 (YES FIVE) weeks because the class before him could not pass! Carry sunscreen too!! My fiance is former Army. He said this school should be training for the Army, it was harder than basic! He made it though, first time. He is training with Werner now. Its been touch and go at times. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If you go greyhound they allow one free bag, second bag is $5, and reg charge after that! They never run on time either, be ready to sit on your ##### for a while!

Muffin-Man Thanks this.
  4. Muffin-Man

Muffin-Man Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow. Sounds tough. I have everything done except for sending my MVR (gotta get another copy. don't know what happened to the one I had gotten earlier this year) and get the financing. And I would be going through the Kentucky one as I live in Indiana. If I do go through with MTC, then I would more than likely go to Werner after class. But I am going to see if I can't attend the SAGE school over near Cinncy for my training. If not, then I will be trying to go with MTC. Thank you for the info.

5. JabberJaws

JabberJaws Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nashville Tennesse
    I go October 5th. As far as Financing Star is paying for all but $350 of my training. And then theres the 14 months of my life I owe them. But you got to do what you got to do to pass.

6. JabberJaws

JabberJaws Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nashville Tennesse
    Ok went to Paducah, KY 10-6-08/10-28-08 here is my breakdown.
    Day1
    Your told that you aare not guarennteed a job. And you begin to realize you are in for a long ride.
    Days 2-4 in class and not much else not alot of real time learning about 5 of the 10 hours are spent doing nothing.
    Day 5
    Go take permit test get KY license get yard briefing, and go stand in yard for afternoon begin Pre trip training.
    Days6-11
    Little time in truck as the classes ahead of you get most of it to prepare to test out
    Days 12-14 more yard time and start testing on pre trips
    Days 15-17 Test Yard start incab training and start road training(All city)
    Days 18-19 Start getting road scores and Brake test/in cab Pre trips
    Days 20+ Get a test date to go get CDL continue to work on all skills.

The instructers are very helpful for the most part do a great job.
    My advice is don't expect the 2 meals to be enough to eat this was the menu.
    Sun Lunch 2 McD 1$ Hamburgers Dinner Chicken
    Mon 2 1$ arby's roast beef /pizza or pasta
    Tues walmart 1/2 Sub(fear the bread/ Walmart fried chicken

then the start over, also no feed on Sat. No drinks served and no water fountain.
    You stay in a roach infested hotel accross the street from a drug house/##### house.

I saw 3 fights while there over food,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.