MTO entrapment at QEW Stoney Creek

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Roman777, May 17, 2019.

1. Roman777

Roman777 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2019
    Scale at Qew stoney creek just before fifty rd exit. I pulled into flashing light and proceeded after the stop sign only to be waved into coned areas by two individuals with reflective vest, red glow sticks and iPads. They stated they are Transport of Survey and asked for my document's and log?? I asked if they are Mto which one replied no and hand jestered to his walkie talkie stating I can call him for you. Excuse me but wtf is this entrapment ########, they are checking and asking questions like mto and while mto officer sitting at the back waiting for these third party to radio him in ...... This just happened and I'm furious . Gave them no info and left while other drivers behind me who got stopped by these crooks are voluntarily giving information to these individuals. This is some conspiracy going on here . Can anyone confirm this if driving by. Or experienced this. Every driver should be worried if government is hiring these third parties to supplement mto officers to entrap people.

rank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Had it happen once at milton westbound. They wanted to know what I hauled and load details. Not an inspection. Just some kind of survey I guess. Whatever. Real exciting stuff....

rank Thanks this.
  4. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I assume they can't be on the property without some kind of L.E.O. there also.

5. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    shakedown for loose change to fall out- open for business, right ?

rank Thanks this.
  6. Bumpty

Bumpty Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2019
    If you left as you say then it's not entrapment.

7. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    They did the same deal at Dryden scale about 5 years ago .. I asked is it mandatory they huffed and puffed a bit and said no . I said bye and left .. they really tried to make it seem like we needed to do it until I asked him

rank Thanks this.
  8. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    This is not something new. I remember going threw one at the scale just past Southdown rd going eastbound in Mississaugua. How long ago was that?

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    rank Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If they are NOT sworn Law Enforcement they can burn those clipboards to stay dry up there.

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Saw this in Saskatchewan once with a bunch of university students. No CVSE personnel present, they were testing some new drive on roll up portable scale pad.
    Not a big deal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.