Muck Boots 'n' Slickers - Life of a Livestock Hauler

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Cattleman84, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Your absolutely right they did .. when I pulled for them it was never fast enough ...All I ever heard when I turned in my weights was .. " That's not to bad Gus.. but stroke that Cat alittle harder
    I asked 1 of their door swingers once .. You MO FO's got any toe nails? .. he looked at me a smiled said yeah why you asking ?
    I said cause figured them.fan blades would have em chew off since you got your foot in the fan nonstop

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2022
    austinmike, cke, JolliRoger and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    No worries... I dont get around as much my self anymore. Now that I'm yanking a tank amd doing alot of other stuff I just dont seem to have the time like I used too.

The last couple days I been playing plumber. Had to disconnect the water from an old building at work, relocate the pressure tank to a different building and install a hydrant. This is the hole I dug (by hand) to disconnect the water and install the hydrant... It's about 5 feet deep.

0821220809_HDR.jpg

The line going to the right is now cut off, the tee is changed to a 90, the hydrant is installed in the remaining line, and I built a French drain in the bottom of the hole.

4. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Look at you go. I thought guys went to driving trucks to get away from all the manual labor on the farm.

Speedy356, D.Tibbitt, wore out and 5 others Thank this.
  5. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi

And those fittings all came loose; the "T" 's two connections and the "T" itself, without twisting off? Appears to have been underground for some time.Down here they would be so rested/corroded every connection would twist off before it moves a thread.

cke, D.Tibbitt, wore out and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I did.... Then I gained weight, my hands got soft, and my muscular figure started to fade. Somewhere along the way I realized I missed a little physical labor... Lol

Yeah, I was shocked that it all came apart without breaking something. I was prepared for a whole day just to repair whatever was going to break while getting it apart... It was a pleasant surprise when that wasn't necessary.

cke, D.Tibbitt, wore out and 6 others Thank this.
  7. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    Not 1 of my more glamorous days today .. I had to get towed today .. U bolts on the right side rear axle quit their job on me luckly I just had just unloaded... guess I'am gonna spent some OT at my friend's shop the next couple days
    I hate suspension work

Attached Files:

InTooDeep, austinmike, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    That sucks. The upside is there’s no legal requirement to be sober to operate tools. You just need enough whiskey to make it look like a crawler undercarriage so you just blow it apart with the torch and screw it back together with new ####. Worst part of it should be the hangover.

austinmike, cke, RockinChair and 5 others Thank this.
  9. pete781693

pete781693 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Look, recently I have had two of these vicarious bad days. I guess I have laid down on my vicarious maintenance responsibilities. I apologize for not identifying this potential problem during the last PM. I will do better.

cke, Cattleman84, Feedman and 3 others Thank this.
  10. pete781693

pete781693 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2010
    You can get warmed up around the campfire before you start the work. C33126D6-8476-466D-968C-B909CFB57332.jpeg

austinmike, cke, RockinChair and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Last Call

Mar 15, 2021
    When the wrecker drop the truck & I at their shop yesterday evening.. the tail tights from the wrecker had got out of sight and the 1'st words out Blake's mouth were
    GD that looks pretty F... ed..
    Like 4 cases beer & 4 bottles of whiskey plus what ever you gonna drink ..worth of f...ed up sitting there
    I'am sure when we go to Grand Island for parts today they will make sure we stop for shop supplies
    I can't and won't drink with them I just drink Monsters and monitor both of their alcohol intake flow...it already sucks to lay under the truck and run a air chisel trying to get them F....ing U bolts out I can't imagine doing it with a hang over
    Iam gonna replace the other 3 sets and the shocks & trailing arms too.. while I got help
    I hate suspension work

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2022
    austinmike, JolliRoger, cke and 8 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.