My Drivewyze iz broke

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by IluvCATS, Jun 12, 2018.

1. StrokerTSi

StrokerTSi Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2016
    It's real fun hauling cars, Illinois state trooper pulled me over to basically let her dog stuff around for drugs and then her and another rummage through the cars for 2hrs. What a waste of time.

That's the 4th time I've had troopers from various states search for drugs in less than 18 months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McCauley

McCauley Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    It didn't seem like I was going very fast, I was wondering what happened...

Birmingham to Dallas is what I meant to say

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

I got pulled over in Va (Williamsburg area) in my personal vehicle. Lady Officer told me I had dead tags. I pondered this while she took my license an registration, etc. She comes back about 10 minutes later. Hands me my stuff back, says her computer can't talk with NC DMV. So I'm free to go. This makes me ponder more. I get to where I'm going, an look at my tags...they clearly say 7-18.

Either I got pulled by a fake cop, or they really need to reteach the basics at the local academy. Haha. She must've been having a really bad day, or perhaps she really didn't know how to read. This was back in March. I still chuckle every time I go through that area.

We passed a checkpoint a couple weeks back. Wife was driving. All went well, til the officer said to have a good night, an she replied "You to ma'm." by mistake. HE didn't like that much an made her take a breathalyzer. LOL. I'm still teasing her about it. The other cops there had a good laugh also. Who knew State Troopers have a sense of humor? I kid I kid.

While I also caution one to not make snappy/sarcastic answers, I know it can be hard. It's a battle I fight every time. Though at times I've found humor can be good when interacting with the police. It's all in the delivery.

5. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    You can’t get a ticket at the scale if drive by them.

RedRover Thanks this.
  6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    A buddy of mine got a level 3 inspection at the Aurora scales today in Oregon. The cop asked for his tablet with the ELD and took it inside. Called him in and asked him to explain why he was in California earlier in the day when his logs show that he wasn't. Took them an hour to figure out that the GPS wasn't working on the ELD. The cop said that there are a lot of crappy ELD's that aren't working right. He also said that 99% of drivers aren't carrying the operation manual for their ELD and that's a ticket, of which he's handed out over 100 in the last 2 days.

7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    @IluvCATS - I asked this guy if he was authorized to slouch on guest mattresses stripped for cleaning without prior approval -

He informed us he’s from Iowa and doesn’t recognize draconian Missouri standards.

But he appreciates the high dollar cat food. Millennials - I tell ya.

9488DB3F-7EB6-4C42-A3D8-6B5E1EA7BDF4.jpeg

Bean Jr., fargonaz and RedRover Thank this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Cats are like females. Give them an inch, they take a mile.

Bean Jr. and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    You must have got Barney Fife. I always get teamed by a bunch of super cops. Lucky you.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    You should consider this.

If drivewyze is acting funky, go into the app settings and clear the cache. Thats exactly what drivewyze customer service will have you do.

11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I was walking from my living room to my bedroom last night. I got red lighted and had to pull in my bathroom. I barely got out of there with my virginity intact. Had to call marshal Dillon to come help me. I keep him on speed dial.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.