My experience Kuperus Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by trucking for family, Jul 3, 2016.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

When I was there, the "weekend" started either Friday night (rarely) or Saturday sometime, depending on where that last load left you. Almost everybody started late Sunday night with a water pickup to be dropped somewhere in Chicagoland.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

My heaviest load ever, EVER, was at Kuperus carrying Nestle Water. 50,100 lbs in the box. I could not believe it. Oh, that old glider kit (900,000 miles) did not like the hills on 131...

4. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    Yup Dave is there along with two others all very good guys if you understand their job like they do yours it's a smooth ship. They are easy to talk to and brutally honest which I like....

They include a nice slip with the check for the week and it breaks down the load value and percentage for the driver I really like that. I have had two broker loads now both pay well and a couple very good mc sports loads that paid out well too. I have avg about 49cpm if you break the cash earned by miles so it's nothing to scoff at for a company guy with my little RECENT experience.

The issue I had the other night isn't typical as I understand it but let me tell ya a few more weeks like this last one and I'll be making a choice.... This was hands down the worst week I have ever had in my driving experience with wait times, bad shippers / receivers and frankly one very bad broker who drove me absolutely insane... I won't / can't get into that one but let me tell ya as bad as you imagine magnify it 10 fold... The guy was off his rocker!

The crazy part is it was NOT Kuprus fault and when I called the pulled every string they could and did everything possible to help. I think it was just a fluke week. Honestly I have to admit I really like the company as a whole very good honest people to work for. They communicate well.

My last few weeks where total opposite very fluid with a few small hiccups.

Right now my biggest problem is at home to be honest it's been years since I was away for these lengths of time. My wife is really very supportive BUT she has a way of letting me know without trying too and it's plain to see if you know where to look. 15 years I better be able to see..... Lol

Personally it doesn't bother me to be out as long as I make money that's worth it an am home weekends however my wife's sanity is far more important to me. We will give it some more time to adjust and see where we go from there.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    We are home Friday and out Sunday afternoon most of the time. Not all but the vast majority!

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  6. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    O brother I swear I have a straight truck engine... Good lord I have hit that 50,000 mark a few times and your right it drops gears on hills! It feels like your in the mountains when your in rolling hills and takes literally miles to get up to speed sometimes lol!

7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Yep, tractors have very little power. Set up for midwest fuel economy. So when we hit the hills, it is like going through mountains! Columbias, are set up to haul 50K. That's a buttload. Hey @DenaliDad where are ya now!

8. DenaliDad

Right now I'm sitting in a Flying J in Waco, TX, waiting for a Mars Snack pick up tomorrow. Then off to
    Illinois.

I'm working for a reefer company I started with before I went to Kuperus 4 years ago. I left K because I got tired of going to the same places and fussing with all those urban Chicago Walmart/Sam's Club deliveries.

And then there were the Dick's Sporting Goods runs from their DC in Indy to the metro Detroit area. Three stops, the first at 0500 sharp. Show up at 0501 and get a gig from them. I did not like that.

9. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    As of last night I received a VERY good job offer to drive and be home every night and after dealing with Dicks and Menards I'm seriously considering it... It's 4 miles from home and one of the most honest respectable men I've ever known is the head Mechanic an thinks the world if the owner.. The wife immediately said go for it she wants me home lol.

I really Like Kuperus BUT they run hard to get there but I'm setting way to much once I am there. I've had time to cool off and think this weekend and most important listen to the wife... She made it clear that she isn't up to me being gone all the time anymore so I think the choice is made.

Lonesome and DenaliDad Thank this.
  10. trucking for family

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    Let me tell ya Dicks is a bunch of jerks.... I don't care if I ever go back there again. Terrible attitudes and they treat drivers like gum stuck on a boot.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. DenaliDad

If the wife ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...

trucking for family Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.